KWQC's Set

FirstNews8

Guest daleduke17

btw where you see Matt Hammill where behind him is the Centennial bridge, the Weather Center is to the right of the background. They do a three shot where you can see the Wx center.

Centennial = I74 Bridge, correct?

• 4 weeks later...

Well...earlier in this thread, something was mentioned about KLJB-TV needing a new set.... Well... they changed their set/graphics/music on Monday. I caught the news Friday..and had noticed that the pillars were bright blue..and they added a new backdrop to one side..and took out the sports center, and I was like..nah they cant be done.

Considering they do 14 newscasts a day (INN produces) I thought they would keep the monitor wall concept..well to my surprise they didn't..and have a backdrop of the QC as the 2-shot..and the world..with different designs on one side..but didn't get to catch the other side. The sports center..well looks like a concept seen on "Sports Center".

I had contacted KWQC's news director..and they said they have been considering changed to 'keep the look and sound alive at KWQC'....but nothing else was said.

Edit- last night on the really late broadcast..they were talking about the set..and the weatherman seemed excited, because they are going to be adding a weather center within the next few weeks, and quoted from the weatherman "get the weather to the viewers in a new way..instead of the old BORING way" (which yes..it was truly boring)

I caught the news (KLJB) last night, and they FINALLY dropped the Fox 1998 Afilliate theme!

Not sure what the theme is now, I eMailed them to ask.

EDIT: 1-10

Tonight they have fixed the lighting, and added some color to the backdrop..to match somewhat the graphics.

Archived