Theme resemblance

lazynetjunkie

I noticed something while listening to some themes on SouthernMedia's NMSA tonight.. I don't know if it's just my mind playing tricks on me or if there is kind of a resemblance between both themes. It may be just coincidence. You can go take a listen for yourself.

Go to WFLD's themes. Listen to the full sample of OSI's FOX O&O News Theme, especially the last half of the sample. Then listen to WFLD 1978 NewsTalk Theme (Aweful music.. I wonder what the composer was smoking at the time.). Listen to OSI's FOX O&O News Theme again.

It does kind of sound like that 1978 theme could have somehow evolved into the current FOX O&O theme.

I noticed the resemblance between the two. My favorite WFLD news theme would be the one listed as "Streaming News" with the "FOX News Chicago News Package" a close second. It was cool to hear them both again. I am not a fan of the current theme and the "WFLD 1992 News Theme" was used (if I remember correctly) when they had the horrible yellow, white, grey and black on-air graphics package.

"WMAQ's 1989 News Theme" (a step up from the 1985 one) and "Newswire" (the first minute or so) were pretty good as well. They sure don't make news theme like they use to.

Archived