As of last night they are still on their current set. The article said the set should debut in late summer, so they will probably have to move to a temp. set soon, unless they have another studio they are building the new set in (which I don't think they have one.) Do you think they might try and debut it in time for the Olympics or after that? Sometimes NBC stations can have some whacky newscast schedules during the olympics. WSEE (CBS) would be unaffected.

• 4 weeks later...
I actually hope the whole "WICU/WSEE being in the same studios with the same joint news branding" fails and they become separate identities again.

They tried the "WKBN/WYTV" approach, but unlike New Vision/LIN/MG, SJL is too cheap to have separate controls so some newscasts on WSEE were pre-recorded while WICU usually had live newscasts.

Yeah, but a few years ago they built a separate control room so then all of WSEE's newscasts were live. They are still on their old set. What is taking them so long? Maybe they are now aiming for the fall? September? Or maybe the plans were scrapped, or the article was wrong (I highly doubt that.)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived