Who Do You Think?

Jake

This blind item ran in Dan Gross's column in the Daily News last week. Who do you think he was referring to? The only anchor teams I could think of that had been broken up recently were Lori Delgato and Vince DeMentri on the WB News @10 and Kerri-Lee and Mallet at 11am, before she moved to 5pm.

"If you believe the scuttlebutt coming out of one local television station, a steamy affair beween two anchors, each married to others, led one half of the naughty duo to be reassigned and the other culprit's marriage to dissolve.

Don't bother writing or calling us asking for their names. If we were gonna use them we would have just done so. Think of this like the "Sopranos" finale, only far less clever or frustrating."

This blind item ran in Dan Gross's column in the Daily News last week. Who do you think he was referring to? The only anchor teams I could think of that had been broken up recently were Lori Delgato and Vince DeMentri on the WB News @10 and Kerri-Lee and Mallet at 11am, before she moved to 5pm.

"If you believe the scuttlebutt coming out of one local television station, a steamy affair beween two anchors, each married to others, led one half of the naughty duo to be reassigned and the other culprit's marriage to dissolve.

Don't bother writing or calling us asking for their names. If we were gonna use them we would have just done so. Think of this like the "Sopranos" finale, only far less clever or frustrating."

Kerri-Lee isn't married, she's dating that reporter over on 10

Pretty sure Kerri Lee split, she was on Kidd Chris looking for a "date" a while back. And during a more recent visit, topic of discussion was her relationship with a reporter at WCAU and how he won't go on the show.

and Crowley and Shrug? Really?

Kerri-Lee did split from her husband sometime ago. She's supposed to be doing some photoshoot for a fit magazine with the guy over at 10 later this summer.

Must make the ex hubby happy to see. Check out her blog pictures on the fox29 website.

Kerri-Lee did divorce after a very brief marriage (sort of like Alycia), but could an affair have been the reason? I have no idea, but wondering what people thought. I also read that Crowley and Strug are kaput as well.

I know who it is but I refuse to tell ;).

I love the new don't blab station secrets rule.

Kerri Lee must be going out with Jamison Uhler then if she's doing a fitness shoot. He's a real gym head so it makes sense.

I know who it is but I refuse to tell :).

Kerri Lee must be going out with Jamison Uhler then if she's doing a fitness shoot. He's a real gym head so it makes sense.

Yes that's who it is..

I know who it is but I refuse to tell :).

Oh, come on. Grow some. Besides, if you don't tell or even give a hint, no one will believe you know. After all, you didn't even know that Kerri-Lee's marriage has been long over. :p

Ok ok.

One half of said interlopers was already mentioned in this thread. It's pretty easy just do the math.

x + y = x stuck doing general assignment reporting and y getting his/her lawyer ready for divorce proceedings

I know who it is but I refuse to tell :p.

Oh, come on. Grow some. Besides, if you don't tell or even give a hint, no one will believe you know. After all, you didn't even know that Kerri-Lee's marriage has been long over. :p

Sadly, there's a ridiculous new rule that says we can't share inside info. ::)

It was put in place for very good reason.

Speaking from experience...

stations tend to get incredibly paranoid when one shares information about them. The situation is so competitive that even the smallest nugget of information - no matter how trivial - can become a black eye for a station. They HATE people going on internet forums or even posting information - even things as innocuous as news opens - while working at or with a station.

It's a move put in place to protect those working in this industry. In this sense, I agree with it 200 percent.

Speaking from experience...

stations tend to get incredibly paranoid when one shares information about them. The situation is so competitive that even the smallest nugget of information - no matter how trivial - can become a black eye for a station. They HATE people going on internet forums or even posting information - even things as innocuous as news opens - while working at or with a station.

It's a move put in place to protect those working in this industry. In this sense, I agree with it 200 percent.

Well said. Remember, stations want to and can control every aspect of the station, from the personnel to the image the station has within a community. Let me rephrase that last statement, I can see where someone is going to crucify me for it.. A station does everything within its power to control even its image within a community. If here, someone knowingly says something about a station or an employee which turns out to be false, then the station or the emp. has in some way lost face. This behavior could lead to lawsuits against the person who claimed to know God's last name as well as the internet site which circulated the misinformation. It is a big wicket.

Stations are not the only employers with non-competes and/or confidentiality clauses. I am sure we can think of other professions which have the same. It is admirable of this site to seek a higher road and not be a site which disseminates anything, valid or not.

x+y+x+? Damn algebra. Points well-taken, Hulkie and ib-td. Of course, I then wonder why stations put up with behavior unbecoming, because there seems to be an awful lot of it. My point being, the anchors, reporters, etc. themselves don't seem concerned with losing their jobs due to their behavior. And from what I've seen, they aren't all that discreet. So there aren't any internal repercussions, but those outside the station aren't supposed to discuss it. Affairs have been going on since the beginning of time, as has gossip. The stations not "wanting a black eye" makes me laugh.

I should say a "black eye" publicity could help NBC 10, lol. So far from my sources, they do not know anything about it. I should say that unfortunately I do not have any insiders who currently work at NBC 10.

x+y+x+? Damn algebra. Points well-taken, Hulkie and ib-td. Of course, I then wonder why stations put up with behavior unbecoming, because there seems to be an awful lot of it. My point being, the anchors, reporters, etc. themselves don't seem concerned with losing their jobs due to their behavior. And from what I've seen, they aren't all that discreet. So there aren't any internal repercussions, but those outside the station aren't supposed to discuss it. Affairs have been going on since the beginning of time, as has gossip. The stations not "wanting a black eye" makes me laugh.

Stations "put up with" behaviors for a variety of reasons: not in ranking order 1) john doe or jane smith is sleeping with 123, 2) John doe or jane smith is a tenured (using the term loosely) employee 3) some stations do not posses the cajones to do what they should 4) it is a matter of money (is a station's major weather sponsor behind weather person A). The list of possibilities could be endless.

I do not see it as a position of this or any other website to tell a station what they should "put up with". They do, what they do. If we, the public find that a station has violated a trust or held a position with which we have controversy or disagreement, then write to that station and watch another.

I think it is a good rule. Why should someone's career or image be forever altered or trashed because someone wanted to be the center of attention for 10 seconds? The attention will fade, the rumor and damage will last much longer.

Archived