WTHR possible rebrand?

IndyNewsOpens

So, I noticed today that the WTHR news music sounds a lot different. For the first time in 14 years apparently, they aren't using The Tower anymore.

Yes, SouthernMedia says they are using 615 Music's "Seize The Day" now. It makes me wonder, do you think they'll do some sort of rebrand like when sister station WBNS stopped using This is Your News last year?

It makes me wonder, honestly...

After watching some of their newscasts on the NewsOn app, it looks like they are using Seize The Day for morning broadcasts only. The Tower is still used on evening shows. This kind of thing doesn't make much sense to me from a branding standpoint, but that's what they're doing.

After watching some of their newscasts on the NewsOn app, it looks like they are using Seize The Day for morning broadcasts only. The Tower is still used on evening shows. This kind of thing doesn't make much sense to me from a branding standpoint, but that's what they're doing.

so its like Good Day LA is to KTTV. they still use the good day theme from Gari.

Archived