Preview of WPXI-TV's (Pittsburgh) New Home!

susquvalleywgal

I love the large HD TVs, and the graphics are a large improvement over their previous graphics. Just wish the set was a bit nicer (but anything is better than their set at Television Hill!). Can anyone post video caps?

The new graphics are elegant and the set is classy. Overall, a thumbs up to WPXI. I can't tell right now, but they seem to be using the same cut of Tower V.2 for the opens, teases, and talents, but overall it's a big thumbs up to WPXI; the graphics look like they were meant to have color in them and it's very fluent and appealing.

And yes, WPXI is now using Tower V.2. I personally would like it better if they used V.3 (at least for the opens) but it's still a good change.

I think the graphics are great... my only complaints are:

1. I wish the anchor desk was a little more impressive... all that room, and such a small desk.

2. They are still not using Baron Services for their radar... though I am not sure what they're using now... but it is different from what they were using.

I think the graphics are great... my only complaints are:

1. I wish the anchor desk was a little more impressive... all that room, and such a small desk.

2. They are still not using Baron Services for their radar... though I am not sure what they're using now... but it is different from what they were using.

As far as I could tell, they're still using WSI's TrueView Professional-- they just purchased the system 6 months or so prior to the new weather center, so I can't imagine them changing already. An interesting note: the graphics laid over the "Skyview" forecast tonight were held over from the in-house bastardization of the VDO package.

Archived