Question : When does a network need rebranding?

clind

Reading around here, and watching television news in my local area and the cable networks, when does a network truly need to have a rebranding campaign with new slogans, logos, and the whole nine yards? Is it usually just to keep things fresh, to get in the ratings of people seeing something new, or is it something else?

Reading around here, and watching television news in my local area and the cable networks, when does a network truly need to have a rebranding campaign with new slogans, logos, and the whole nine yards? Is it usually just to keep things fresh, to get in the ratings of people seeing something new, or is it something else?

Well when it gets really old and their content starts to dip in ratings.

On as side note there is an article on Broadcasting and Cable that reports that Court tv will rebrand as truTV in January of 08. Not sure if I like the new name sounds too corny. broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6459204.html

On as side note there is an article on Broadcasting and Cable that reports that Court TV will rebrand as truTV in January of 08. Not sure if I like the new name sounds too corny. broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6459204.html

So they officially have their name chosen, it will be interesting if the new product can take afloat or will end up as a blunder, though I guess the ratings in Prime already show this is what the people want. I guess here goes another network from it's original purpose into pretty much a different channel in the same spot, similar to the TechTV/G4 merger years ago, and will probably lose some of their original views in the process.

Archived