Lisa Thomas-Laury

DFWTVNews30

I've noticed that Lisa has been filling in during the 5pm newscast this week. Does anyone know if she will have a permanent anchor slot? I thought I read somewhere that WPVI was considering pairing her at 6pm with Jim.

She looks GREAT by the way and doing a phenominal job like she always did.

And I guess the station is too afraid of him to make that move. What a jerk.

Indeed. And what will happen if Jim Gardner dies? Will they revive him? I don't think so. Jim won't be on forever, if they wasnt to pair Lisa Thomas-Laury with "THE GREAT" James Goldman, what the hell do they have to lose? Ratings? Gardner jumping to CBS 3 or NBC 10? I doubt it. Stop eating shit WPVI. And don't get me started on the "If ain't broke, don't fix it" shit

From what I've read, James Goldman has to be the most uptight and self-centered news anchor around. I don't know why people love him so much.

He is like Paul Moyer

From what I've read, James Goldman has to be the most uptight and self-centered news anchor around. I don't know why people love him so much.

He's very standoffish in public and from what PVI staffers say, he can be quite arrogant in the office.

He's very standoffish in public and from what PVI staffers say, he can be quite arrogant in the office.

He has a arrogant's face

WPVI should pair up Goldman with Paul Moyer, now that would be great!

Two big male egos on one set. That is one massive ratings killer. :)

That would make Moyer vs. Martin look like child's play.

I just imagine that happening between Goldman Sachs and Moyer Creative, LTD

You know what would make the perfect newsteam.....Jim Gardner, Tom Johnston (the fired weatherman from WSVN), Christopher Nance (the fired weatherman from KNBC), Terilyn Joe (formerly of KGO), Paul Moyer and basically everyone from KNBC and KCBS, Hal Fishman, Germano Mosconi (the italian sports anchor) and Ted Baxter (fictional, I understand)....oooh boy that's a lotta fun there.

So for the 11 o'clock news...we've got Jim Gardner and Paul Moyer with Christopher Nance weather....and Germano Mosconi sports.

You know what would make the perfect newsteam.....Jim Gardner, Tom Johnston (the fired weatherman from WSVN), Christopher Nance (the fired weatherman from KNBC), Terilyn Joe (formerly of KGO), Paul Moyer and basically everyone from KNBC and KCBS, Hal Fishman, Germano Mosconi (the italian sports anchor) and Ted Baxter (fictional, I understand)....oooh boy that's a lotta fun there.

So for the 11 o'clock news...we've got Jim Gardner and Paul Moyer with Christopher Nance weather....and Germano Mosconi sports.

The best 11 o clock newsteam for 6ABC would be: Paul Moyer, James Goldman, Harold Greene, Ann Martin, Cecily Tynan and Gary Papa. Both Goldman and Moyer would make the audio that we hear of Moyer vs Martin a child's play, but both of them against Ann Martin.

Does anyone else feel bad for any of the talent who tries to make small talk at the desk with Jim? I always feel a strong arctic breeze while sitting on my couch! There is no excuse for a Top 5 news anchor to be so inept at holding a basic conversation, and a "Thanks" every once in a while wouldn't hurt either! I may like Action News as a whole, but I have NEVER been able to stand Gardner's ego.

I cracked up one night last week when Gardner blurted out, "What the hell was that?" I think he's getting to that old, crotchety time of life where he's just going to start saying whatever's on his mind, microphones be damned. ;D

I cracked up one night last week when Gardner blurted out, "What the hell was that?" I think he's getting to that old, crotchety time of life where he's just going to start saying whatever's on his mind, microphones be damned. ;D

I remember John Blunt doing that after the graphics took a shit during a newscast and as they were going to break all you could hear was "What the hell is going on here?".

funny...did he say it knowingly on air?

Archived