Video Web Hosting

compubit

Ok folks -

I'm looking for a place to host my video newscast collection on the web to share, especially with this community... These are all off-air recordings I've made over the years (along with a few trades along the way). A good chunk are in the 2004-2006 timeframe right now, as I am pulling things off of DVDs (markets going from 1 down into the 200s...).

Any recommendations? (as well as the best method to compress videos - MPEG-2 SD files - prior to upload...)

I know YouTube is there, but I'm looking for a place that has a little more "control" over the content (in priority order):

1) Don't want to be banned for copyright infringement due to a station complaining and lose all that I have uploaded.

2) Password protection, if desired, on a per-video basis

3) Possibility to Watermark on the fly (not embedded in the video itself...).

Anything else to consider?

I'm sure that there will be a cost - which I understand, but want to maximize my value, for what I have to pay.

Right now I'm up to 175 newscasts moved from DVD to the computer hard drive...

Thanks!

Jim

Archived