New WVEC Morning Set

Ntropolis

VARTV reports...

:// New set for morning show

| Friday, July 13, 2007

Belo Broadcasting's "13NEWS" WVEC (ABC) Hampton/Norfolk debuted a new set for its morning show -- 13NEWS at Daybreak -- on Wednesday. For now, the set will only be used for the morning program.

I didn't wake up early enough so I didn't get to see it... I'll be sure to get up early on Monday and take some caps.

Here are a few caps... I wish I could had some better ones. If I can get a wide shot I'll post it here.

WVEC81.jpg

WVEC82.jpg

WVEC83.jpg

Looks great! The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the vertical plasmas. I hope they can move this to the main studio and change up some of the background colors to blue and use it for the other newscasts.

Here's what I don't understand: Why are they using a brand new set that looks great and should be for all newscasts only for their morning show? The rest of the newscasts have to be done from the 11-year old and somewhat outdated set.

Here are a few caps... I wish I could had some better ones. If I can get a wide shot I'll post it here.

WVEC81.jpg

WVEC82.jpg

WVEC83.jpg

Looks great! The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the vertical plasmas. I hope they can move this to the main studio and change up some of the background colors to blue and use it for the other newscasts.

Looks cramped to me.

WVEC81.jpg

WVEC82.jpg

WVEC83.jpg

Looks cramped to me.

Mommy! Mommy! I wanna go to duratranland!

Archived