Joe Cioffi

njlady

JMO but I think that WNBC has 3 great weatherpeople, Joe Cioffi, Janice Huff and Chris Cimino (he was funny Saturday morning filling in on TINY).

VERY interesting that those are the three you name. Consider this insider info..no opinions, just info: 1. John Marshall has just inked a new contract to stay on weekends. He knows their graphics system the best. Otherwise, management isn't exactly bowled over by his on-air delivery. 2. Janice is a meteorologist, however most of her job is just on-air presentation. She does little or no graphic work, otherwise she gets a briefing from the off-air meteorologist who has already done the forecasting, and she can agree with or alter that.

VERY interesting that those are the three you name. Consider this insider info..no opinions, just info: 1. John Marshall has just inked a new contract to stay on weekends. He knows their graphics system the best. Otherwise, management isn't exactly bowled over by his on-air delivery. 2. Janice is a meteorologist, however most of her job is just on-air presentation. She does little or no graphic work, otherwise she gets a briefing from the off-air meteorologist who has already done the forecasting, and she can agree with or alter that.

Would be poetic justice if Cioffi replaced Huff. NBC would be my news of choice for a long time. Others may follow.

Admittedly, I'm not in NY as much as I used to be, so I'm not sure about any "poetic justice," but I always thought Huff was a class act. I thought Cioffi would replace Mosey. From what I saw of her in NY, she's still completely inept.

Admittedly, I'm not in NY as much as I used to be, so I'm not sure about any "poetic justice," but I always thought Huff was a class act. I thought Cioffi would replace Mosey. From what I saw of her in NY, she's still completely inept.

Poetic justice meaning "Cioffi gets the weekday 11pm slot on a major network in market one" poetic justice. Not to take anything from Huff, who's been a major player in NYC for years now and deservedly so.

Mosley needs to go tho. That's where Joe comes in.

Poetic justice meaning "Cioffi gets the weekday 11pm slot on a major network in market one" poetic justice. Not to take anything from Huff, who's been a major player in NYC for years now and deservedly so.

Mosley needs to go tho. That's where Joe comes in.

Oh, okay. I get what you're saying, and you're absolutely right. Another poster is wondering what I'm wondering. Are they going to keep Mosey on the weekend a.m. and use Cioffi as a fill-in? I'm sure they got Mosey on the cheap. Is Huff's contract up any time soon?

I love Huff -- I think she's great. Cimino is good. Marshall -- meh. He always sounds so hyper. It's the fourth slot that they've really made some poor choices lately. Mosey is terrible, but a step more watchable than her predecessor "Ibby" Carrothers. Joe Moreno was o.k.

I'm thinking Mosey is only on a one-year contract, and as soon as that's up, Joe will step into the Weekend Morning slot, plus fill in for Marshall on weekend evenings when Marshall fills in for Huff on weekdays....

That would probably be the best thing for WNBC.

I'm thinking Mosey is only on a one-year contract, and as soon as that's up, Joe will step into the Weekend Morning slot, plus fill in for Marshall on weekend evenings when Marshall fills in for Huff on weekdays....

That would probably be the best thing for WNBC.

I agree. Although, I think the bio said Mosey started with 4 in May 2006, well past a year ago.

I think Huff has the presentation part nailed. Compare her to Quinn- night and day difference. I haven't watched Cimino in a while because I am not up that early, but I remember loving his presentation. That man is a true pro. He can have good chemistry with ANY anchor because of his personality. He might be amazing in the PM slot, but I kind of like how Janice moved up through the ranks to get where she is today. If Chris started before Janice he might be in her spot now. I have met that guy personally a couple of times around town and he is just as nice and funny off camera as he is on. So with Chris, Janice, John, & Joe they might have one of the best weather departments.. in my opinion that is.

Archived