Larry at six last night

newsmaniac

I saw that and thought it was odd too. I can't remember a time where they had someone filling in if Larry or Alycia was off. They just let the other one go solo.

He was by himself at 11. I guess he cussed someone out afterwards.

Did you see Larry mendte did the six news last night with Angela Russell?

Probably pissed him off not to do the news solo.

But are they sending a message to Alycia Lane?

Why would a news director need to put a substitute anchor on a show to send a message? They are in the business of communication. You're overanalyzing. NDs often have no problem telling staff to their faces what he/she thinks of performance. (And in this case, I know the news director would have no qualms about that.)

Besides, what would the message be? Don't take the day off? Even those are approved by management.

Did you see Larry mendte did the six news last night with Angela Russell?

Probably pissed him off not to do the news solo.

But are they sending a message to Alycia Lane?

Why would a news director need to put a substitute anchor on a show to send a message? They are in the business of communication. You're overanalyzing. NDs often have no problem telling staff to their faces what he/she thinks of performance. (And in this case, I know the news director would have no qualms about that.)

Besides, what would the message be? Don't take the day off? Even those are approved by management.

Well because Larry NEVER has a co-anchor when she's not there. It has nothing to do with a day off, it's was a question that's all of all the publicity maybe they are receiving because of her. Just a question. It was odd to see someone else there.

Ukee did a really good job.

I am sure if Alycia takes ill at the last moment and everything's all set up for 2 it's easier to bring Angela in than have Larry do the news on the fly. We've seen anchor's aren't good at spontineity.

Ukee did a really good job.

I am sure if Alycia takes ill at the last moment and everything's all set up for 2 it's easier to bring Angela in than have Larry do the news on the fly. We've seen anchor's aren't good at spontineity.

It's not as much spontaneity on their behalf as it is shuffling all of the show elements. The shows are balanced out, or perhaps I should say choreographed...X reads this story while Y moves to this place on the set, etc... Graphics are built for certain shots.... Going from a 2 anchor show to a single anchor is more complicated, most times, than just giving all of the reads to one person.

Archived