Merv Griffin, 82, dies of prostate cancer

Guest abc7miami

The game show genre wouldn't be what it was if it wasn't for Griffin, and his creations that were Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. An incredibly sad day in the game show world, he will be missed and never forgotten.

who?

The former talk show host from the late 60's to the mid 80s who also created Jeopardy!, Wheel of Fortune

and new game show coming this fall Crosswords. I'll tell you, Wheel, J! and Crosswords won't be the same

without Merv.

I know the older generations grew up on his talk show, but I'm sure there's a lot of people from my generation who were partially educated by his games, Wheel (spelling, math, the alphabet), and Jeopardy! (basic facts). He will be missed.

He has a new game show called "Merv Griffin's Crosswords", debuting next month. I dunno whether his name will remain in the title.

Archived