160 FOX Stations Sign-Up for MyFox Sites; Sinclair Not Included

first on fox

In a sweeping deal, Fox Interactive Media will manage 160 Fox affiliate websites and bring them into the MyFox network — the same network already in use by Fox’s owned-and-operated station sites. “It’s important for local affiliate stations to have a web strategy and compelling online content, and we believe the MyFox platform is the best solution to help them deliver it,” said Joe Denk, chairman of the Fox affiliate board of governors. As part of the deal, FIM will have access to half of the inventory on the sites for national inventory, and the revenue share arrangement will be “similar” to Fox’s earlier arrangement to stream network shows on affiliate sites. One of the biggest Fox affiliate ownership groups, Sinclair, is still evaluating its options and is not part of the 160 site deal.

http://www.lostremote.com/2007/08/15/160-fox-affiliates-to-switch-to-myfox-sites/

Agreed. It has the typical shiny gradient look like here on the forum, but in a monstrous size. If I guess it's too help idiotic viewers who watched 5 season of American Idol?

Although, I originally though it was only O&Os, I just noticed that LIN's affiliates got it. Could this partly have to do with that, Fox deciding not only to let FIM manage LIN's stations but all these other companies with Fox affils?

And tsk tsk, poor Sinclair, guess they want all that ad revenue for themselves?

I'm sure that Raycom owned WFLX Fox 29 in West Palm will do it, but I would be very surprised and shocked to see a myFox site on WSVN 7's in miami. That is NOT going to happen.

If WFLX does it....WPGX might finally get a web site after years of not having one!

(and it would be a major improvement over what WDFX has now)

I'm sure that Raycom owned WFLX Fox 29 in West Palm will do it, but I would be very surprised and shocked to see a myFox site on WSVN 7's in miami. That is NOT going to happen.

If WFLX does it....WPGX might finally get a web site after years of not having one!

(and it would be a major improvement over what WDFX has now)

Now that WPGX has "News View", it may be a good thing that they could be getting a website--at least Tom Najjar's show isn't there only live broadcast...

snapshot_20070816_0000.png

Archived