CW Image refresh and new slogan "Get into It"

Andy B

This doesn't really make sense, but the best word to describe it is...slutty. I don't know why. The last one was classier. This one screams tack and slutty.

I'd have to agree with you there, the past CW style seemed a little better than this.

I think we need to accept the fact that theWB and UPN were superior to this drivel of a network.

This promo is cheap, demeaning to women, and tasteless.

Uh...they're just trying to connect with and utilize what is popular among both men AND women.

And if you really find it to be demeaning, which I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you on, please see the following: The Pussycat Dolls, Kat DeLuna, Ciara, Nelly Furtado, et al.

The CW is doing nothing wrong in embracing what is popular culturally.

I think we need to accept the fact that theWB and UPN were superior to this drivel of a network.

Uh...they're just trying to connect with and utilize what is popular among both men AND women.

And if you really find it to be demeaning, which I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you on, please see the following: The Pussycat Dolls, Kat DeLuna, Ciara, Nelly Furtado, et al.

Well, sure their pointing at what's popular, but we can all still talk about how it's wrong in some points of view.

It still doesn't make it s good package though, I cannot explain what wrong with CW's graphics, but it feels like something is missing.

It still doesn't make it s good package though, I cannot explain what wrong with CW's graphics, but it feels like something is missing.

Well it's better than the flat shit they had last season. I wonder if WPSG will pick this up as their news graphics package since they like using the network look which doesn't work well with news at all (although if you ask me their newscast is nothing but a 4 hour promo for traffic.com).

Looking and listening to it, I could care less for the music, but the styling is a nice change I will admit. Looking at it, kind of off topic, but how many areas have CW news programs?

Could you do us all a favor and dismount from your towering equine please?

I repeat what I said: This promo is cheap, demeaning to women, and tasteless.

With the exception of one or two shows, the network sucks.

Could you do us all a favor and dismount from your towering equine please?

I repeat what I said: This promo is cheap, demeaning to women, and tasteless.

With the exception of one one or two shows, the network sucks.

Yeah and no one likes being preached to either.

Well then don't watch the network. Les Moonves is not putting a gun to your head and telling you to watch the network. I really hate when people bitch about a TV show or network that shows something that offends them and it's usually a show or network that they don't even watch. If you don't like it change the channel simply put.

Well then don't watch the network. Les Moonves is not putting a gun to your head and telling you to watch the network. I really hate when people bitch about a TV show or network that shows something that offends them and it's usually a show or network that they don't even watch. If you don't like it change the channel simply put.

Further, how can it be said that this mic-stand dancing, scantily clad woman is demeaning to women when our society is permeated with the belief that that sort of behavior and dress among the fairer gender is actually empowering to them.

Just ask any 16-year old girl who's more than willing to show off her goods at the mall. She's "empowered by flaunting her sexuality." Her mommy said so!

Not to get all sociological or anything...

Further, how can it be said that this mic-stand dancing, scantily clad woman is demeaning to women when our society is permeated with the belief that that sort of behavior and dress among the fairer gender is actually empowering to them.

Just ask any 16-year old girl who's more than willing to show off her goods at the mall. She's "empowered by flaunting her sexuality." Her mommy said so!

Not to get all sociological or anything...

hansen_chris_2005_sm.jpg

Hi, I'm Chris Hansen with Dateline NBC...

tdy_hansen_predator_060922.300w.jpg

Why don't you have a seat over there?

This might surprise you. I agree. Les is a pretty smart guy, Why can he replicate the success of CBS on theCW?

However, I have stifle my opinion on something because somebody doesn't want to hear it?

If I think it sucks, I feel I have a right to say so.

So, back on topic, what shows are are going to be great shows?

Aliens in America. It sounds like a good show.

WPSG's new promo styling looks a lot better - and if it's indicative of the whole network, it is an improvement. Far less of that overpowering green and a little more of other colors. Still, as a whole I tend to prefer the look UPN had for its last few years than the two CW looks. I think CW took on the WB promo and art guys, because the last couple of years of that network didn't look too hot either.

Archived