Kammerer

ThunderJay27

Shame he left since I think he was the best weather person at 10.

Agreed. He certainly was the best they had. It's too bad 3 decided to put LaRosa on weekdays, Kammerer would be great in that role. Nothing personal against LaRosa, but she's a bit boring and IMO, still unsure of herself. They should put her back on weekends.

Nothing personal against LaRosa, but she's a bit boring and IMO, still unsure of herself. They should put her back on weekends.

Its possible they will do that come February. The press release didn't state what his position would be. They could send Maria back to weekends with Doug taking weekday mornings.

CBS 3?!?!?! NOOOOOO!!!!!! WHAT'S WRONG WITH 10'S HEAD?!?!?!?! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!

A Bolaris/Kammerer tag team would've been killer. Now Orr/Kammerer. I must tip my hat off to Channel 3. They're really building a solid team. 10's going down the tubes. I hope Bolaris can work his magic cause if not, they're done.

I'd be shocked if he wasn't taking either a morning weekday role or taking over one of the newscasts Orr does when he joins the team. It's a nice coup for CBS3 and a big loss for 10.

I'd be shocked if he wasn't taking either a morning weekday role or taking over one of the newscasts Orr does when he joins the team. It's a nice coup for CBS3 and a big loss for 10.

Hell, it's a big loss for NBC U. It wasn't too long ago the speculation was that he'd be making the move up the NJTP to 4.

Well let's not be too quick to jump on 10 just yet. There maybe another shoe to drop being that John Bolaris' situation is still unresolved. I highly doubt 10 would have let him go without a backup plan.

Still, they keep Schwartz but don't pay up for Kammerer? Stupid. Even IF Bolaris returns, I think people would be more inclined to watch a Bolaris/Kammerer team than a Bolaris/Schwartz team. Don't you?

Well let's not be too quick to jump on 10 just yet. There maybe another shoe to drop being that John Bolaris' situation is still unresolved. I highly doubt 10 would have let him go without a backup plan.

Still, they keep Schwartz but don't pay up for Kammerer? Stupid. Even IF Bolaris returns, I think people would be more inclined to watch a Bolaris/Kammerer team than a Bolaris/Schwartz team. Don't you?

OK..can anyone here tell me what the BIG DEAL is over Bolaris? Watching him in NY..and then gradually NOT watching him..we've found his delivery halting and uneven, his body movements awkward, and his forecasts not often that accurate. He's o.k. looking, not the superstud the Philly columnists thought he was. There are FAR more polished metorologists out there, both in NY and Phila. Why would stations in Phila be scrambling to get this guy? Was he really a proven ratings grabber or just fodder for the local tabs?

As annoying as most of us think Schwartz is, he is very popular in the city.

OK..can anyone here tell me what the BIG DEAL is over Bolaris?

He was very, very popular during his time in Philadelphia.

That's really it -- he produced one of the worst maladies in weather forecasting history, and people still tuned in just because they liked him.

That said, people liked Bolaris/Schwartz, and since Bolaris/Kammerer never happened, I'm guessing CAU is trying to reclaim a sure thing. You know, going back to the good old days when EarthWatch had Bolaris and Schwartz.

Can going back to the good old days when WCAU was a CBS affiliate be far behind?

Hmm...?

HMMM...?????

Somewhere on the intarwebs, MrPhillyTV has a big smile on his face. His day is coming. His day is coming very soon.

Big loss for NBC10, don't know what they're thinking. Don't they have the right to match any other offer he gets? I wonder if this means Kathy Orr will cut back to just 6 & 11?

I don't see the big deal about Bolaris either. People have notoriously short memories, so I don't think his return would make much of an impact. And besides, I have friends who lived in Center City when he was here and from the ones who ran into him at bars and clubs he came off as kind of a tool.

Archived