WTVQ billing question

Was just listening to the entries for Brave New World on WTVQ Channel 36 (ABC in Lexington, KY) on the News Music Search Archive, and there are two opens listed that used that, both for NewsChannel 36, both for evening editions, and both w/Chris Clausen the announcer.

On the first one (from 1992) he bills the anchor team for NewsChannel 36 at 6 as "Central Kentucky's most experienced anchor team," and bills Brad James "with weather," and Kenny Rice "with sports."

On the second one (don't know when that one was from), he bills the newscast as being "From the heart of the Bluegrass," bills it as NewsChannel 36: The 6:00 Report, and bills Brad James "with the weather," and Kenny Rice "on sports."

Why the change in billing from the 1992 opening to that later one?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bmasters1 said:

Was just listening to the entries for Brave New World on WTVQ Channel 36 (ABC in Lexington, KY) on the News Music Search Archive, and there are two opens listed that used that, both for NewsChannel 36, both for evening editions, and both w/Chris Clausen the announcer.

On the first one (from 1992) he bills the anchor team for NewsChannel 36 at 6 as "Central Kentucky's most experienced anchor team," and bills Brad James "with weather," and Kenny Rice "with sports."

On the second one (don't know when that one was from), he bills the newscast as being "From the heart of the Bluegrass," bills it as NewsChannel 36: The 6:00 Report, and bills Brad James "with the weather," and Kenny Rice "on sports."

Why the change in billing from the 1992 opening to that later one?

I found the the second audio clip and sent it to NMSA. I've been looking for videos of the opening. I've got a contact who has a lot of videos from this time period and he will be adding those soon hopefully.  

The second audio clip is actually from May 1993. It was their 25th anniversary. New set, new graphics, newer music (phase 2 of BNW). They changed the slogan to "From the heart of the bluegrass" from May 1993 to June 1997 until the Media General took over with their clouds graphic look.  WTVQ ditched the BNW in 1995 I believe and got new graphics yet again and switched to Insynk.

Here are some video clips...

Coming up at 11 promo from 1994. 

Edited by LexTVandRadio
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LexTVandRadio said:

I found the the second audio clip and sent it to NMSA. I've been looking for videos of the opening. I've got a contact who has a lot of videos from this time period and he will be adding those soon hopefully. 

Would love to see that-- thanks for the response! I noticed the studio from that period on WTVQ, and it whets my whistle.

• Like 1