Retired KDKA Anchor - Ray Tannehill ... ‘Consummate Newsman’

padrechuck

Veteran KDKA anchor Ray Tannehill has passed away (1934-2007).

He died from a heart attack early yesterday morning at his home in Sante Fe, New Mexico. He was 73. Ray worked at KDKA for 23 years.

http://kdka.com/local/local_story_256160730.html

Oh, my Lord. I had no idea. I have said it so many times thus far, by my thoughts and prayers do go out to his wife Catherine and the rest of his family.

This is a bad year.

I must say, just watching all the stuff KDKA put up on their website, i can see how he was an awesome anchor for the Pittsburgh metro area. It is very disheartening to see all these wonderful anchors go this year, Pete Wilson of KGO, the great Hal Fishman of KTLA, and now Ray Tannehill. I believe it was John Stigerwald that said in a video on KDKA's website, they dont make journalists like Ray anymore, i think i can add Pete Wilson and Hal Fishman to that list aswell. I never had the pleasure to watch Ray's newscasts due to the fact that i live in California, but seeing the videos on the website tonight, and some posted on youtube, he seemed to be an excellent journalist. He will be deeply missed indeed.

May you Rest in Peace Mr. Tannehill.

Nick

Archived