Syndication TV

justin2kx

The new fall daytime season has arrived and I've wondered if you checked out any of the shows. Here are all the new show that i have seen from their premiere or additional episodes.

>The Steve Wilkos Show

I must say I'm impressed with the show so far. It's basically the no b.s. attitude he did on the jerry springer show as head of security and apply it to his show. It's good.

>Judge David Young

He is tutty frutty miss thang, yes, but I must say it is trainwreckishly entertaining.

>Temptation

Some elements are interesting, but as someone who wasn't around when sale of the century was on the air, this actually gives me at least to a degree what 'Sale' was all about.

>Merv Griffin's Crosswords

Just when I thought it was getting boring, when they brought the spoilers to the game, it made it exciting. Even more when the bonus round came along, I love the show. The Host is good nonetheless.

>Today Show 4th hour

I may like Hoda, Ann and Natalie, but come on let's face it, this is basically a ripoff of "The View". They want to compete with the show for ratings. Will they win? Too early to tell.

Not Necessarily syndicated but still....

>New York Nightly News (Locally in NY, if you live in Miami then it's South Florida Nightly News or anywhere else where they have a 7pm newscast)

Chuck Scarborough in his best, the newscast I think could be sucessful, Kinda like the local BBC World News. I would like to know how WTVJ did?

>TMZ on TV

This is a real trainwreck, it's basically coming off from the popular website, but at least they're showing Hollywood as it is without sugarcoating. They only need to stop showing ladies mooning on cameras. THEY ARE NOT CELEBRITIES. Though I do enjoy the fights outside the clubs. The Cops need to be fired, some people got hurt, but they themselves didn't care less for fighting anyway.

Your thoughts?

Temptation is okay...but needs work. I remember watching "Sale of the Century" in the late-80s and early-90s in reruns, so the show is a fun throwback, but the pacing is very weird on the show. They get to the bonus round by the midway point of the show. That's just weird.

I like "Crosswords", but it seems awkward that a "spoiler" can come through and win the game by answering just one question, all because time ran out. It seems wrong for someone who breezes through the game, then misses the last question and loses it all, or worse, doesn't buzz in.

I'll still watch both shows, but those things kinda stood out.

Not Necessarily syndicated but still....

>New York Nightly News (Locally in NY, if you live in Miami then it's South Florida Nightly News or anywhere else where they have a 7pm newscast)

Chuck Scarborough in his best, the newscast I think could be sucessful, Kinda like the local BBC World News. I would like to know how WTVJ did?

You're lucky. SFNN is a major train wreck. Tried to be all hyphey and stuff, and Jackie Nespral had to read through a copy in one sentence...without breathing!

>TMZ on TV

Your thoughts?

This show is definitely a bottom feeder, but what I appreciate is the fact that they shine a light on ugly and ignorant behavior.

I think this show has the ability to bring a bit of decorum back to our society.

I hope people will come to understand that not all publicity is good publicity... especially not when you're a walking train wreck.

I do appreciate to a certain higher degree about TMZ on TV, but did anyone seen "Jury Duty"? with Judge Bruce Cutler? Cheesy, yes, but interesting concept of having B-C listed celebrities to fill the jury pool. It airs late night here in NYC (4:30 am on cw 11) See the episodes here:

http://www.titantv.com/juryduty

Archived