Flash: Baldini retiring

nigelbruce

Great raconteur and good fellow Bill Baldini is said to be wrapping up his career at WCAU-TV. His kids are either through college or mostly through. If this is true, he's going out still at the top of his game.

Of course the TV game isn't what it once was.

The young Baldini sailed with the great Facenda. It was long ago when fairness and accuracy were big deals.

I think "edb" is right. Perhaps, Mr. Baldini was forced into retirement, instead of taking an outright dismissal, due to NBC's budget cuts as of late. It's a complete joke, if you ask me. I was one of the ones who thought Bill would be around forever too. I wish the best of luck to Bill in his retirement.

I think "edb" is right. Perhaps, Mr. Baldini was forced into retirement, instead of taking an outright dismissal, due to NBC's budget cuts as of late. It's a complete joke, if you ask me. I was one of the ones who thought Bill would be around forever too. I wish the best of luck to Bill in his retirement.

From looking at his outgoing on "10!", it didn't seem he was ready to go. He had forever left in him. But if he was forced out or left on his own, he did it with class.

The reason why I think (if they did) 10 forced his retirement rather than outright let him go, backlash from viewers and losing them to 3.

Archived