New Local on the 8's Graphics

Guest zas1977

Guest zas1977

The Weather Channel, today, debuted new Intellistar graphics for the Local on the 8's. The new forecasts are complete with sound effects for the weather conditions expected for the given period, such as rain drops.

I don't care for them. The colors are too soft, when I'd prefer bold. Maybe they will change based on the time of day (I caught the forecast this morning.)

I think the Local forecasts are in HD now too. I read an article last week about the Locals in "dazzling" HD. Any DirecTV viewers catch an HD forecast?

article: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/071010/new046.html?.v=25

• 1 month later...

Wow, the generic national feed looks pretty darned good. Kinda different how the cities come up on bottom, with a little bit of a bounce in the process.

Off topic, but spending some time at my grandfather's during the Thanksgiving holiday, HDTV is honestly amazing and nothing really seems to show the realness of actually watching one except actually sitting in front of one and watching stuff. Still, the problem was he had Dish, so no CNN HD or FBN HD

Archived