STL ratings report for Nov sweeps period

jhampsten

KMOV, KSDK top sweeps ratings for local newcasts

KMOV Channel 4 and KSDK Channel 5 each claimed multiple ratings period titles during the November sweeps month, according to Nielsen Media Research.

KMOV took the top 10 p.m. newscast slot with a 14.3 rating compared to KSDK's rating of 13.0 and KTVI Channel 2's 4.3 rating. KTVI premiered its 10 p.m. newscast in September.

At noon, KMOV was also the No. 1 newscast in St. Louis. Its half-hour newscast drew a 6.7 rating. KSDK's full-hour noon to 1 p.m. newscast had a 6.6 rating. KTVI does not have a noon newscast. Its 11 a.m. to noon newscast drew a 3.3 rating.

KSDK was No. 1 in St. Louis for both the 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. newscasts. The station pulled in a 12.7 rating for its 5 p.m. newscast beating KMOV's 9.2 and KTVI's hour-long newscast rating of 6.4.

At 6 p.m., KSDK had a rating of 13.2 compared to KMOV's 8.7 and KTVI's 4.6.

KTVI's hour-long 9 p.m. to 10 p.m. newscast drew an 8.8 rating. The other local news competition during that period is CW 11, which had a 3.6 rating for its 9 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. newscast.

Regarding the morning newscasts, from 5 a.m. to 5:30 a.m., KSDK pulled in a 4.1 rating with KTVI's 2.3 rating in second. From 5:30 a.m. to 6 a.m., KSDK recorded a 4.7 rating compared to KTVI's 3.5. KMOV's hour-long broadcast from 5 a.m. to 6 a.m. drew a 1.8 rating.

KSDK, KTVI and KMOV each have an hour-long newscast from 6 a.m. to 7 a.m. During that period, KSDK was again No. 1 with a 7.5 rating followed by KTVI's 5.1 and KMOV's 3.8.

Each rating point represents 1 percent of viewers in the surveyed area. Ratings information from last year was not immediately available.

Info from the St Louis business Journal.

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/stories/2007/12/03/daily53.html?ana=from_rss

KTVI doing pretty well in the debut of Newsedge, and the blood keeps flowing out of newschannel 5 at 10 into 2 and 4. Biggest win for KMOV in a LONG time.

That's a shame about KSDK. I can never remember a time KMOV had that big of a lead in the ratings. Anyways KTVI's 4.3 rating is pretty good for a newcast that started 3 months ago. I bet KTVI took some of KSDK's viewers away which is why there is such a huge gap between KMOV and KSDK at ten.

That's a shame about KSDK. I can never remember a time KMOV had that big of a lead in the ratings. Anyways KTVI's 4.3 rating is pretty good for a newcast that started 3 months ago. I bet KTVI took some of KSDK's viewers away which is why there is such a huge gap between KMOV and KSDK at ten.

no it isn't a shame, it's called having NO TALENT! Also crappy stories, oh yeah and not to meantion that KSDK pre-empts programming more often than networks show commericals.

It's called it's about dang time in my book. Trust me, spend a month watching KSDK, you'll understand why viewers are leaving channel 5 faster than traffic moves on the interstate.

I read the tv writer for the post dispatch, and she had the numbers for this year compaired to 2000, the last ratings period where STL had 3 options for news at 10.

KDNL ABC 30 had a 3.7 rating for that period, compaired to the 4.3 that KTVI has with newsedge. While a bit lower than scienfield had, but it still is a good start.

KDNL ABC 30 had a 3.7 rating for that period, compaired to the 4.3 that KTVI has with newsedge. While a bit lower than scienfield had, but it still is a good start.

Really? One of the all-time great comedies and you don't know how to spell it correctly (or, apparently, look it up online)? I took me three times reading it to figure out you meant "Seinfeld."

Archived