Revised NBC Look

Jess

Anyone else notice that NBC seems to have redone its graphics for the new year? Less of a peacock feather mouse pointer now. The promos end with a nifty new NBC animation where the peacock appears to form via color wheel. Most of them now seem to end with a new rendition of the chimes, as well - very TV Land if you ask me.

A boo to the new bug - "AMERICAN GLADIATORS Tomorrow 8/7c" is imprinted above the bug as I'm watching NBC now, and that generally seems to be permanent now. Boo.

\A boo to the new bug - "AMERICAN GLADIATORS Tomorrow 8/7c" is imprinted above the bug as I'm watching NBC now, and that generally seems to be permanent now. Boo.

Yeah, they really need to ditch the "promo bug." At least the whole thing is semi-transparent white now.

The bug actually had a COUNTDOWN to American Gladiators during DoND. Watch for it if you're on the West Coast.

Anyone else notice that NBC seems to have redone its graphics for the new year? Less of a peacock feather mouse pointer now. The promos end with a nifty new NBC animation where the peacock appears to form via color wheel. Most of them now seem to end with a new rendition of the chimes, as well - very TV Land if you ask me.

A boo to the new bug - "AMERICAN GLADIATORS Tomorrow 8/7c" is imprinted above the bug as I'm watching NBC now, and that generally seems to be permanent now. Boo.

I heard those chimes on WDIV's weather forecast before they went hd. They still have the old weather forecasts with those chimes on their website http://www.clickondetroit.com/video Type in "forecast" in the search bar and click on "Chuck's Thursday Forecast: Slushy Commute Ahead" The chimes are at around 1:11.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this topic is a little old, but I think started to notice that most of the other Cable and TV Networks are kinda following the footsteps of NBC regarding this stupid "promo bug" thing. For example, ABC is sorta doing the same thing. And if you get a chance to watch the network during primetime or whenever, You'll see what I mean.

I know this topic is a little old, but I think started to notice that most of the other Cable and TV Networks are kinda following the footsteps of NBC regarding this stupid "promo bug" thing. For example, ABC is sorta doing the same thing. And if you get a chance to watch the network during primetime or whenever, You'll see what I mean.

It's also gone local too. WNYW in New York posted a promo for the Super Bowl next to the FOX 5 logo. It reads "Super Bowl XLII Sunday 6PM."

Archived