Question for Action News Watchers

TVNewsAnalyzer

Have you noticed that every time Gary Papa finishes doing the sports and turns bac to Jim Gardner, Jim always has this smirk on his face like he is trying really hard not to bust out laughing on air. I always wondered why Jim does that? He doesnt do it when someone else does the Sports just when Gary Papa does it. I think that's why I enjoy watching the 6pm and 11pm action news during the week. I mean does he really think Gary Papa is that funny?

Gary's silly. He doesn't try to crack lines like Russel and Apody. He's just naturally silly. =)

Hey Jim did the same thing tonight. Trying to maintain his laughter after Gary finished with Sports. I guess that is a daily thing that goes on between them

I think it happens a lot. I guess when you work with someone for so long, just the littlest thing can set you off in a giggle fest. Gary could also be making faces at Jim or something as soon as he is out of the cameras view.

It was established in a Philadelphia Magazine article a few years back that Jim is quite the prankster on set. There's quite a bit of clowning around there that - until recently - never really got shown on-air.

Archived