10 hires new weather anchor

ThunderJay27

Article from lauranachman.com....

Although NBC10 has not made an offical announcement, thanks to a sharp-eyed reader, we have learned that Michelle Grossman of NBC’s digital weather channel, Weather Plus, will join NBC10 as a weekend weathercaster....Grossman will replace Amy Freeze, who departed for the Fox affiliate in Chicago almost a year ago.

Just one spot left to hire Rob Guarino and I think 10 would make a major major mistake if they don't hire him.

I'm surprised by Michelle's hire. I thought if anyone it would be Jackie Meretski who auditioned at 10. If you've caught Michelle on NBC Digital WEather, she's very much a newbie and no where's near ready for a major market job. Rough at the edges. She's got the creds, though...if I remember..she has a full degree in meteorology.

Then again, it's not surprising..big markets are hiring 'em young, green, and..cheeeeeep. Good luck to her.

I'm surprised by Michelle's hire. I thought if anyone it would be Jackie Meretski who auditioned at 10. If you've caught Michelle on NBC Digital WEather, she's very much a newbie and no where's near ready for a major market job. Rough at the edges. She's got the creds, though...if I remember..she has a full degree in meteorology.

Then again, it's not surprising..big markets are hiring 'em young, green, and..cheeeeeep. Good luck to her.

Jackie would have been my choice too for very obvious reasons. I still think 10's going to eventually hire Rob esp with sweeps coming up in a few weeks, they are going to need a watchable personality at 5PM and Dave Warren is simply too much of a snooze.

Archived