Do you think...

ABC7 Los Angeles

I'm just wondering if anyone else here thinks or knows if any of the Los Angeles stations will be making changes today on Superbowl Sunday. I know ABC7 went HD two years today and they are due for a graphics update. I'm just wondering if anyone knew anything. Thanks.

Take care,

Gabriel

I hope something happens to one of the LA stations tonight. Weather KTTV or KNBC (I hope KNBC) goes HD, or one of the stations goes to update their graphics, no big changes have happened since KCAL/KCBS went HD later last year. But then and again, just because KABC went HD today 2 years ago doesn't necessarily mean other stations will do something big today.

KTTV/KCOP will probably go HD in 2099...The way the station is run, you'ld think they would change their set, which they have used since 2000, was uglied up in 2002-2003. Plus Good Day LA's graphics haven't changed since 2001, they still use the 2004 FOX11 logo on Good Day LA, which really makes little sense. I don't know what's going on as far as funding goes at FOX11, but the station definitely looks very low-market, something like Bakersfield or Chico-Redding, and don't start on the quality of the program.

KNBC should go HD pretty soon.

Guest Former Member 207

I think if anyone goes HD in news soon, it would be KNBC. Their sisters, KWHY and KVEA, are broadcasting news in hi-def right now.

It could be possible for KNBC to go HD. WNBC is HD and they're the East Coast flagship of NBC, so in my mind, KNBC is the next NBC O&O to go HD. But, you never know about KTTV. They could go HD, just to leave KNBC stuck with the title of "last to go HD." We'll just have to wait and see how things play out.

It could be possible for KNBC to go HD. But, you never know about KTTV. They could go HD, just to leave KNBC stuck with the title of "last to go HD."

I agree with you there. I'm pretty sure that KNBC will pull a CBS2 and wait until they move to Universal City to pull out all the stops. But that's not for another 4 years, so it's either/or at this point. Wouldn't be a surprise if KTTV beat them to the punch, though. They're only 5th (if not 4th) in line when it comes to the Fox O&Os.

Archived