'TAE's "Test it Tuesdays"

Tyler

WDAF does something similar to that (I forgot what they call it) and I think KDFW and KTVI too.

Anyways, speaking of originality. A week ago KCTV and KSHB both ran investigative stories about dirty hotel rooms the same night at the same time. How's that for originality.

Anyone see these? Can't 4 come up with something different? KDKA has been doing the same thing during sweeps now for over a year, but they brand it differently ("Does it Really Do That?"). :(

Here's a fun little bit of information: KDKA had been referring to Tuesday's "Does it Really Do That?" as Test It Tuesdays, too. Made me lose a bit of respect for WTAE when I noticed that they neglected this.

Note: Jordan informed me that WTAE had been using Test It Tuesday years ago, but abandoned it. Doesn't change my opinion.

Note: Jordan informed me that WTAE had been using Test It Tuesday years ago, but abandoned it. Doesn't change my opinion.

Yes, to my surprise, this is true... I just read a PG article about it. Still, seeing as how KDKA has been doing this type of series recently, you'd think 4 would come up with something a least a bit different. Right? :(

My local CBS affiliate, WCSC, always gives away two $50 Sunoco gas cards during the morning news in sweeps, and they have done that for a couple of years.

Actually, this thread is for discussion of stations who have segments about "as seen on TV" products.

Archived