ESPNEWS HD's new graphics (to debut 3/30/08)

SydWHunte AKA swillh2k2

Um are these publicly available? If not you are in violation of the trade secrets policy of this forum.

Not much different than a SportsCenter broadcast looked in the 1990s, basically. The BottomLine was more or less the one used on the other networks.

In fact, these new graphics are kind of going back to those roots, because back then ESPNEWS' main color was blue.

• 1 month later...

I'm watching the new ESPNEWS right now in SD... looks much better but it doesn't match what the snapshots up top look like (for example, the bar on the bottom is around the size of the old one, not just the thin ESPN-style ticker). I'm just wondering: do SD viewers see a big bar on the bottom and the HD viewers see the bar on the left side?

Edit: I have an answer to my own question. I think ESPNEWSHD does look like the examples above (with the bar on the left) and ESPNEWS in SD has the bar on the bottom. They explained the difference a few minutes ago and it seems that they are doing that all day long.

• 2 years later...

Looks like ESPNews got rid of the cool ticker and replaced it with one that matches the other ESPNs. Everything else looks the same except that the lower-third graphics are now a little bigger because there's more screen space.

Not sure if it's temporary because of the World Cup or permanent. They did the same thing for the NFL Draft and had a 1/5 that showed the current/upcoming selections, but changed it back after the draft. However, they may have been just using the draft to test it out.

Archived