FOX's New Morning Show Will Debut on January 22nd

Guest abc7miami

That's very interesting. However, I think that they will be more successful with an evening news program rather than with a morning show. And since it's going to ba an hour long, I guess it's going to be more of a "Regis and Kelly" style show as oppose to a "Today" style show.

I hope Big FOX should know better than to cut back on the local stations' morning news time. HOPEFULLY they will run this thing like at 9am or 10am or something.

In most markets where a Fox affiliate has morning news, the main reason that newscast does so well, is because the other 3 Big Four stations in town have obligations to run the network morning shows. In most viewers' minds: "Why watch the networks' morning shows, when I can get local news I actually care about from my local Fox station." Hopefully Fox will not make the mistake of taking away the local stations' time for morning news.

WFLD in Chicago is going to air it at 9AM (right after FOX News in the Morning) as I'm guessing most of the FOX/Newscorp O&O's will.

I'm pretty sure they're doing this just like they did with Good Day Live. The show will be on the FOX/Newscorp O&O's first and if it suceeds, the FOX affiliates will get the opportunity to pick it up.

I think the closest FOX O&O Station that I'll be able to watch it on will be WTXF in Philly, I think. What time will they air the show?

At 9, right after Good Day Philadelphia. Mike Jerrick was on Good Day mid last month to announce the show.

I don't think that good day live was ever on KTVI, so it could be possible that some stations even O&O aren't going to have it yet.

Oh and this new show will be on right after fox 2 news in the morning at 9 am, kicking out tyra banks, so between now and jan. 22, st. louisans get 2 chances to watch the premadonna called tyra, at her usual 9am slot, and at her new timeslot at 1PM.

Good Day Live was on KTVI because I used to live in the St. Louis Market. At the start of the show and for a few weeks KTVI used to interview the GDL hosts during "FOX 2 News at 11 AM" and Jillian would flirt with anchor Kevin Steincross, and even went as far as to get one of his station promotional photos sent to her and would bring it out during their little segment and comment on it. lol

KTVI ran a promo for it yesterday. Weekdays @ 9am. I welcome it. Anything to replace Tyra's "talkshow." More eyecandy than content...not that I'm complaining. :p

Strike that. It's displacing something else. Tyra is moving to 1pm, effective January 22.

I hope Big FOX should know better than to cut back on the local stations' morning news time. HOPEFULLY they will run this thing like at 9am or 10am or something.

In most markets where a Fox affiliate has morning news, the main reason that newscast does so well, is because the other 3 Big Four stations in town have obligations to run the network morning shows. In most viewers' minds: "Why watch the networks' morning shows, when I can get local news I actually care about from my local Fox station." Hopefully Fox will not make the mistake of taking away the local stations' time for morning news.

Exactly why I like KDFW's Good Day! Yeah, I can see local news on KXAS @ 10, but KDFW has local news from 5-9. (I don't include WFAA's GMT, because it's not really a newscast, it's more of an entertainment show than anything)

Promos are running now on WHBQ for the new show. It is airing at 9 AM, right after Good Morning Memphis. Tyra is being moved to 10 am.

I've heard that non of the O&O's will be losing any of their local news, it will run immediately after everywhere.

KTVI ran a promo for it yesterday. Weekdays @ 9am. I welcome it. Anything to replace Tyra's "talkshow." More eyecandy than content...not that I'm complaining. :p

Strike that. It's displacing something else. Tyra is moving to 1pm, effective January 22.

Yeah too bad it has to replace the two court shows on fox 2 that I actually like, at least Judge Joe Brown will still be on at 3:30, but Judge Alex either is going to replace one of the divorce court's or it's staying at late night all the time. If only KTVI would move Tyra to latenights instead of informercials.

Archived