No more iVillage

NBC 5 Chicago

From Robert Feder this morning:

TRACKING:

'In the Loop' out of time

As Donald Trump might say to Bill Rancic: You're fired.

Rancic and co-hosts Ereka Vetrini and Kim Coles are among the staff and crew of "In the Loop with iVillage" who'll be out of work when NBC pulls the plug on their Chicago-based daytime talk show, as of March 28.

Low ratings and cost-cutting were among reasons cited for canceling the show, which has originated from the studios of WMAQ-Channel 5 at NBC Tower since last fall.

"Many people worked hard, but unfortunately, for several reasons, the show will not go on," said Larry Wert, president and general manager of the NBC-owned station. "We have a great team and a great facility, and are looking for new partnership in the studio."

Channel 5 is likely to replace the show at 11 a.m. weekdays with additional runs of "Access Hollywood" and "Extra."

OK what other shows are coming out this fall?

They could move extra permenantly to 11 or 1130 then make the 430PM news a whole hour after Ellen. and AX 430am. OR Make an 11am news again with Extra after it and still make the 430 PM a whole hour and Ax the 430AM.

Is crosswords being cancelled?

Ah ok. I forgot about the Bonnie hunt show. So that is replacing iVillage in most DMA's?

Bonnie Hunt. Remember that iVillage was an NBC Universal show only for its O&O's, so the replacement for all if not most will be Bonnie's new show.

• 3 weeks later...
From Robert Feder this morning:

OK what other shows are coming out this fall?

They could move extra permenantly to 11 or 1130 then make the 430PM news a whole hour after Ellen. and AX 430am. OR Make an 11am news again with Extra after it and still make the 430 PM a whole hour and Ax the 430AM.

Is crosswords being cancelled?

I don't know why they don't put their 11am newscast back on but I guess it got low ratings anyway. Right now NBC 5's schedule is identical to KXAS NBC 5 in Dallas. However, KXAS runs an hourlong 4pm newscast with Extra at 6:30 and doesn't have Access Hollywood at all (it airs on the local Fox affiliate). I don't know why NBC 5 has to contend with Extra and not just air an hourlong 4pm newscast. They could just air Extra in the mornings and not at 4pm on a one day delay. They have experimenting with flipping Extra and the 4:30pm news a few times with the newscast always returning to 4:30.

Archived