CBS 2's new "The 2 Investigators" promo

lazynetjunkie

Has anyone else here caught that new "2 Investigators" promo airing on CBS 2 lately? It's in the style of a super heroes comic book.. It's an interesting idea.

I think that might actually be an old promo that aired a few years ago not too long after Dave Savini joined CBS 2. I'm not sure. Maybe it is really a new promo. However, you might notice in the promo the old slightly larger 3-sided mic flags that they no longer use.

Hopefully, someone posts this promo on YouTube for everyone else to see..

Saw it for the first time today, during the 11AM news. Was really impressed with it. I think it's new - and I don't think the mic flag was an old 3-sided one (I hated those huge things - I really like the smaller 4-sided ones they use now). I agree the flag looked bigger in the commercial, but it's not real, it's a CARTOON :(

Saw it for the first time today' date=' during the 11AM news. Was really impressed with it. I think it's new - and I don't think the mic flag was an old 3-sided one (I hated those huge things - I really like the smaller 4-sided ones they use now). I agree the flag looked bigger in the commercial, but it's not real, it's a CARTOON :([/quote']

The mic flags are 3-sided in the promo.. To confirm, I just saw the promo again as I finished typing this message. It's probably just a little touch the person who made the cartoon did to give it a more of an "action news" look.

Come to think of it, weren't those old 3-sided mic flags the ones originally from the 2001-02 "Works For You" era? When they changed to the current logo in October of 2002, I think they just stuck a sticker with the new logo over the old logo. I know towards the end of their usage, the mic flags started looking really bad and some were even falling apart while in use. I remember seeing a report where Jay Levine was trying to hold the mic flag together while holding the mic all with one hand.

The mic flags are 3-sided in the promo.. To confirm, I just saw the promo again as I finished typing this message. It's probably just a little touch the person who made the cartoon did to give it a more of an "action news" look.

Come to think of it, weren't those old 3-sided mic flags the ones originally from the 2001-02 "Works For You" era? When they changed to the current logo in October of 2002, I think they just stuck a sticker with the new logo over the old logo. I know towards the end of their usage, the mic flags started looking really bad and some were even falling apart while in use. I remember seeing a report where Jay Levine was trying to hold the mic flag together while holding the mic all with one hand.

I stand corrected on the mic flag.

And yes, they were from the "Works For You" era. But old logo, new logo, I'm glad they're gone.

Archived