KLAS updating set...

thafernykid

hmm. Today's news shows are being broadcasted from a temporary set. (4 o'clock, 4:30, etc.)

I e-mailed KLAS and this is what they told me:

"We are in the middle of some construction causing us to broadcast temporarily from a different set. My apologies if it’s causing any disruption to our newscasts.

Emily Neilson

KLAS"

They replied quickly. lol.

Anyone know who's working on their new set?

Um, where in that email does it say they're getting a new set?

We are in the middle of some construction causing us to broadcast temporarily from a different set. My apologies if it’s causing any disruption to our newscasts.

The "construction" could be anything from replacing or installing a HVAC system to replacing the heads of the sprinkler system.

I wouldn't get my hopes up.

The "construction" could be anything from replacing or installing a HVAC system to replacing the heads of the sprinkler system.

I was thinking about that too... idk though.

it'd be kinda neat to see a new set.

Any caps or video of this temporary set?

I got these caps from different vids on their website:

klastemp.jpg

*EDIT*

I e-mailed them and asked them if the current set is undergoing regular maintenance, or if they were constructing a new set. This is what I got:

"A little bit of both. We’ll be back on the main set very soon."

There ya go :)

That's true, WTKR did the news for a few days from the newsroom while they updated their set with new wood and backgrounds.

• 2 weeks later...

looks like they did get a new set:

klasnewset.jpg

Sorry about the quality on these. (especially the 2nd cap)

I took these with my digital camera.

I'm not sure if it premiered yesterday or today.

(Didn't watch the news yesterday)

But I like it.

Am I the only one that's not an instant fan of the set? It seems a bit too busy. The old set was a nicer, traditional set. This one is a bit too modern for me.

I somewhat agree.

As a regular viewer, It did take a few newscasts in order for me to get used to the change.

I like this set better than the old one though. This one looks better when watching in High Definition. With the old set, you could sometimes see the other anchor adjusting their microphone or writing on their scripts. You can't with this one.

They still have yet to use their "Neighborhood Weather" desk though.

(Unless I missed it.)

Archived