WBBM 10PM open music

lazynetjunkie

I've noticed the past couple weeks that CBS 2 has been using a new piece of music for quite a few of their 10PM newscast opens.. It's not really "new", but it's music they haven't used in a very long time. They used this music cut ALOT during the 2001-02 "Works For You" period for various promos and a few newscast opens too. Someone told me it's from the "Works For You" music package; however, I believe it's actually production library music because I've heard it used at other stations in other markets. You can hear the music on the first 24 seconds of this video from cbs2chicago.com:

http://cbs2chicago.com/video/[email protected]

If anyone happens to know what production music library this cut is from, let me know.

I'm noticing lately that more and more production elements from the "Works For You" era are making their way back onto CBS 2 News. In this video: http://cbs2chicago.com/video/[email protected], the open shot is of Rob Johnson and Anne State standing off to the side of the anchor desk. The last time an open with the anchors standing at that exact spot was done was sometime in mid 2002.. The anchors were Antonio Mora and Linda MacLennan. I really think someone is now pulling up some tapes from that time and starting to duplicate stuff now.

Yeah, I guess it's their tragic top story music now. I remember it from the past as well, but think they last used it from 1999-2000/01 rather than the works for u era, during the last chapter of Hank Price/Pat Costello's reign before Walt DeHaven & Craig Hume took the helm.

Yeah' date=' I guess it's their tragic top story music now. I remember it from the past as well, but think they last used it from 1999-2000/01 rather than the works for u era.[/quote']

I was just forwarding through some old tapes a couple minutes ago and it was definitely used during the Works For You era.. I have a couple tapes with some Antonio Mora "Commitment to News"-style promos using this music.

Archived