First Look: Wx Channel's New Studios

first on fox

• 4 weeks later...

I saw a promo for the studio on TWC HD, and it looks fantastic. It has a large, curved RP projector, so the whole studio has a resemblance to Sky News.

Am I the only one unable to play the video file? All my players can play is the audio. Real Player and QuickTime told me I needed an update to play the video portion, but when they went to look for an update, they said there is no update and that file type is not supported.

yeah - for now Your Weather Today and Evening Edition will be the only shows broadcasting from the HD Studio.

although many of us were surprised back at TWCC that all shows received new graphics in the same day, we thought they'll gradually roll them out like they did with the 2005 relaunch.

i don't think there is a set date for other shows to begin broadcasting from the HD Studio, as far as I know anyway....though I've heard that Weekend View / Abrams and Bettes will be heading in to HD in two weeks - they've too moved to Studio 1a, probably because the HD Camera in the Abrams & Bettes / WV studio were moved to the HD Facility.

I'm not sure where Weekend View will broadcast this weekend, but another possibility for why Abrams and Bettes is using studio 1A temporarily is that their new blue graphics clash horribly with their old red/orange/yellow set.

As for my video, download the Xvid codec, the DivX codec, or ffdshow-tryouts to view it. They should also be going up on YouTube soon if you want to wait.

...but another possibility for why Abrams and Bettes is using studio 1A temporarily is that their new blue graphics clash horribly with their old red/orange/yellow set...

It wouldn't look to good, but i'll miss that A&B set.

Archived