Bolaris Return??

ThunderJay27

With John Bolaris likely to be replaced at WCBS in N.Y., do you think he'd come back to channel 10? And if so, in what compacity?

Here's my theory. 10 cans A.T.&M., returns a 4pm newscast, Bolaris works the 5 & 11 and Hurricane works the 4 & 6. Kammerer and Freeze works weekends and Henely stays in the mornings. Warren goes behind the scenes as weather producer.

I think this would be an excellent time for a shakeup at 'CAU. Rearrange the weekend morning team, etc.

Can't see that happening as you say, because Kammerer is groomed to be the next chief meteorologist as far as I'm concerned.

agreed, I think if Bolaris returned it would be Hurricane who would probably move to weekends and possible come in as an weekday expert during big storms, etc.

Can't see that happening as you say, because Kammerer is groomed to be the next chief meteorologist as far as I'm concerned.

Doug's good, but why would you go with him when you could put Bolaris, a guy that's proven, experienced, and very well liked in this market, to a position where he was sussesful with Vai and Renee? Plus I say the double work with Hurricane and John because of their workability and popularity together and Huricane wouldn't be demoted since he's gained viewers since John 1st left.

If they went to the rotation I said, the Earthwatch team would be the most dominant team in this area.

I think a likely scenario could be bringing him over to channel 3 in some capacity (like anchor noon and 6pm) since he'd get along great with Larry Mendte and Kathy Orr. I'd like to see that happen.

Channel Three managers would have to be crazy to want Bolaris.

To do what?

Kathy Orr and Maria LaRosa are a strong night team.

You've got longtime popular Lamaine and Erickson noon and weekends.

Newcomer Bruce Tomlin is more familiar now in the AM.

Why add a wiseass jerk when you've got somewhat pleasant, fairly knowledgeable people?

Of course Three could get rid of stuff like Orr At The Shore, and Cooking Hamburgers with Maria. Give us straight forecasts!

Channel Three managers would have to be crazy to want Bolaris.

To do what?

Kathy Orr and Maria LaRosa are a strong night team.

You've got longtime popular Lamaine and Erickson noon and weekends.

Newcomer Bruce Tomlin is more familiar now in the AM.

Why add a wiseass jerk when you've got somewhat pleasant, fairly knowledgeable people?

Of course Three could get rid of stuff like Orr At The Shore, and Cooking Hamburgers with Maria. Give us straight forecasts!

First, It's Brooks Tomlin, not Bruce. Two, John's not a jerk. Three, Stuff like Orr at the Shore and Maria's Backyard Bar-b-que are ways to get them out of the studio and interacting with their viewers. I'd rather have a weather person out in the field rather than in the studio all the time.

If Bolaris is such a valuable talent why is he on his way out --- IF he is --- on a station that is ratings-challenged in his hometown?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! You really should go read the New York Thread! WCBS has cut most of thier best talent for nobodies!!! Don't be ignorant and please don't take me there!

• 2 months later...

I think Bolaris will return to the philly market. At which station and in what capacity no one knows, but I don't think he'd return in a position lower than late afternoon and/or evenings.

What a crazy coincidence...

NBC10 newsroom insiders are wondering if meteorologist Doug Kammerer could be the next personality to leave the station. Sources say his contract is up sometime in 2007 and he might want to pursue a chief meteorologist position at another station following the lead of former weekend meteorologist Amy Freeze who departed for the Fox affiliate in Chicago last month.

(Laura Nachman: http://www.bradyresidence.com/041007.html)

BTW, miss Vince Dementri during the whole Don Imus controversy.

Whatever you think of Bolaris on the air and as a weatherman, he is a jerk (ask the mother of his kid). No way around it. But, then again, this business seems to be made up of jerks! Doesn't mean those people do not belong on the air.

Any chance that John might work at WPVI or KYW? I'm just asking.

KYW already has a #1 meterologist in Kathy Orr and WPVI has the unwritten rule that they don't hire "rejects" or "castoffs" from the market's other stations.

Archived