WITI to get new morning set (Refresh of main set planned?)

Weeters

I just clicked on over to http://media.myfoxmilwaukee.com/mywindow/studiocam.html and noticed

What you see below is Studio B at FOX 6. It will be the new home of FOX 6 WakeUp. The studio is empty right now because we're gearing up for the construction of a new WakeUp-exclusive set. You'll be able to view the construction of this set by logging on to the MyFoxMilwaukee Studio cam starting Tuesday, May 27th.
webcam1.jpg

EDIT: I just noticed this in the chat box:

You'll also see some construction work going on with our main studio -- on SpyFOX 2

Might they be refreshing the old set to be more O&O-looking?

Their setup in the newsroom is temporary until the new desk and monitors are installed in Studio A (which you can see here). Reports say that Gotham Scenic is doing the work.

Screenshots of the newsroom view below. Also included is a still from a promo that shows what is presumably the new Wake-Up set in the background.

0527_H11M02_CH6_1.jpg.065ebb16d818e26dddb7f24ec2502c9c.jpg

0527_H11M16_CH6.jpg.011cd183b1588faadf28c5a2b0f39b10.jpg

0527_H10M59_CH6_1.jpg.deea1ebbfb3dfd444fa496d64f9fac4a.jpg

0527_H21M10_CH6_1.jpg.9fc32140675483206dbe8bdbf1683f07.jpg

0527_H21M07_CH6_0.jpg.27605dc3b995b1b3b112297ce7e68955.jpg

0527_H21M07_CH6.jpg.f3c2634919f19b23c5e479f0ce55349a.jpg

WOAH. Was not expecting the pseudo-brick for Wake-Up!

Also, it looks like the new desk has arrived, but I cannot figure out if it's an O&O desk yet...

WITInewsetA.jpg

Any word if they'll replace that US map (seen top-left of the image)?

/And I love that metal logo on the floor!

Faux bricks are hard to pull off on a studio (they sometimes look very stupid, i.e.: WISN, WTMJ) but I am really liking what I am seeing here. Reminds me (just slightly) of FOX 29 in Philadelphia.

I doubt we're going to see an "O&O" main news set, but I'm happy about that. As you can see, WITI has a massive studio space so I hope they utilize all of it.

WOAH. Was not expecting the pseudo-brick for Wake-Up!

Also, it looks like the new desk has arrived, but I cannot figure out if it's an O&O desk yet...

Any word if they'll replace that US map (seen top-left of the image)?

/And I love that metal logo on the floor!

One of their employees said in chat the desk will be "very similar to other O&O sets".

This new WakeUp set and the updated main set is going places! From what I've seen so far, it's pretty ;). The WakeUp set even includes one of those 3 vertically-stacked pasma standup areas like many of the O&O sets have.

Oh nos' date=' it's an O&O desk. :([/quote']

I'm glad myself. I like the idea of having the FOX stations keep a consistent look and feel across the board. Really helps sell the idea of being both national and local at the same time (without being ridiculously lame and low-budget like Sinclair NewsCentral is or was).

It's interesting that they're keeping the non-O&O (horizontal) logo. I would've thought that FOX would've really leaned on them to switch to the vertical logo.

I wish they'd move the Studio A cam to the opposite corner. Where it is now is relatively useless. :(

A little off topic here. Around 8:43 AM, just as they played the breaking news intro, the power went out at WITI's studios and the backup power kicked in. Well, none of the temporary newsroom setup is on the UPS system, meaning they lost the prompters, the cameras themselves, and all lighting (A shot done later on from the newsroom flashcam showed a darkened newsroom, only the lighting for the newsroom desk seemed to be on).

They filled the final 15 minutes with two weather reports, a seemingly extended Ask Gus segment, and a live report about storm damage.

Wow. That is a very gorgeous set. Love the duratrans to the right. If I didn't know that they were in the middle of the building in Brown Deer, I'd swear it was a real window and the set was in downtown Milwaukee.

ZOMG! THE VIDEO IS IN 16:9, WITI MUST BE GOING HD!!!!

Just kidding. I agree, the new set is quite nice. Doesn't have a shred of O&Oness to it, which will make for an interesting (read: not necessarily good) contrast between the updated main set and this one.

ZOMG! THE VIDEO IS IN 16:9, WITI MUST BE GOING HD!!!!

Just kidding. I agree, the new set is quite nice. Doesn't have a shred of O&Oness to it, which will make for an interesting (read: not necessarily good) contrast between the updated main set and this one.

You can't see it, but the 3-plasma monitor bank that's a staple of many O&O sets is in there somewhere. Otherwise, the only O&O thing on the set is the graphics.

Archived