Wheel of Justice

takingaction4you

I'm not surprised that a crappy stunt like this would end up on a newscast. Times are changing and well the integrity of local news seems to be fading. Honestly though, when I saw the promo I thought that this would be the kind of crap that a FOX station would pull off, then I thought: Hmm, WGNO-owned by Tribune. The "new" Tribune is run by who? Randy Michaels, the same man that came over from FOX. So I bet that this is the kind of "content" that Randy Michaels and Sam Zell are going to want the Tribune stations to incorporate into their newscasts.

I'm not surprised that a crappy stunt like this would end up on a newscast. Times are changing and well the integrity of local news seems to be fading. Honestly though' date=' when I saw the promo I thought that this would be the kind of crap that a FOX station would pull off, then I thought: Hmm, WGNO-owned by Tribune. The "new" Tribune is run by who? Randy Michaels, the same man that came over from FOX. So I bet that this is the kind of "content" that Randy Michaels and Sam Zell are going to want the Tribune stations to incorporate into their newscasts.[/quote']

For some reason I remember a station in Ohio doing this same thing too. Anyways, another thing to remember is that WGNO is in the ratings basement. So that mean that they are desperate to try anything that might have a chance to boost their ratings.

Wheel of Justice? This is some of the reasons that I'm thrilled that WGNO is dead last on the ratings. And I hope the citizens who's spinning the wheel is anonymus and they'll conceal their faces. Why they can't have a regular Crime Stoppers segment where they take the bad guys off the street, and have a crime stoppers number where people can viewers can tell information on the whereabouts of the bad guys. Why is has to look like the California game-show The Big Spin? This practice is nothing more than a ratings stunt and I assure you this won't last long. All the bad guys need to put to Justice but spinning the wheel, picking the worst of the worst won't help.

For some reason I remember a station in Ohio doing this same thing too. Anyways, another thing to remember is that WGNO is in the ratings basement. So that mean that they are desperate to try anything that might have a chance to boost their ratings.

Good old WOIO.....I think they were the ones who started this trend!

I'm not surprised that a crappy stunt like this would end up on a newscast. Times are changing and well the integrity of local news seems to be fading. Honestly though' date=' when I saw the promo I thought that this would be the kind of crap that a FOX station would pull off, then I thought: Hmm, WGNO-owned by Tribune. The "new" Tribune is run by who? Randy Michaels, the same man that came over from FOX. So I bet that this is the kind of "content" that Randy Michaels and Sam Zell are going to want the Tribune stations to incorporate into their newscasts.[/quote']

This may meet with some resistance at KPLR, who normally eschews this sort of tawdry coverage.

This is really embarrassing.

Archived