Dance Friday

5Viewer

For the past few Fridays or so, WMAQ has been doing something at 6:50am called "Dance Friday." What they do is have Matt Rodewald, and other members of the news team dance to a song. I think they got this idea from WKRC and their "Dance Party Friday" with their traffic reporter Bob Herzog. Next week, Matt Rodewald and Bob Herzog challenge eachother in a dance-off (This was reported on-air)

I'm not sure if I like "Dance Friday" or not. I think it is partially stupid because the anchors don't dance to any rhythm and make fools of themselves. Though, sometimes I do find it quite entertaining (like Rob Eglas doing what looks like some form of the robot this past Friday). I kind of like it because not many people dance at 6:50am, which is why more people probably watch this segment.

Here is the "Dance Friday" page. From this page you can see videos of all of the "Dance Fridays" they have had, which is three.

http://www.nbc5.com/entertainment/16351489/detail.html

Archived