KGTV's Lisa Lake

Bsean

Heard some chatter saying that she is no longer anchoring mornings due to being on medical leave. First off, I hope she is alright... and second, it seems that Evy Ramos is her replacement in the morning. Doesn't seem like a great choice to me. Not enough experience. She is still anchoring the Midday broadcast, but has been off. Also, rumor has it she will report for the 7p broadcast. Has anyone else heard this?

Update: I stand corrected. Promos with Lisa Lake for 10News This Morning are still being run.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I would be surprised if she did come back. The way I see it now, KGTV will not keep Lisa Lake. They are going younger, and cheaper (no surprise there). I think that KGTV will sink even lower when Carol LeBeau retires (which may come sooner rather than later). Face it, McGraw Hill is not only screwing up KGTV, but all of their stations as well.

I've found that to be true across the board here.. in L.A. too.. probably everywhere..

I'm not looking for a pretty face/star, when I watch the news I want accuracy and someone who can do more than mis-read the teleprompter (a la Ron Burgandy). What I really liked about Lisa was that she was a local and knew the neighborhoods. I live in one of the old parts of town that NO ONE seems to identify correctly.. it's not North Park, it's not City Heights, it's not Kensington..

Yeah, I had read other articles regarding the whole issue at KGTV and about a supposed email that was sent to Ms. Lake. I personally think it's a loss for KGTV and I have lost respect for the station. I would like to see Lisa turn up at FOX 5, but I'm not sure how likely that would be.

Do you remember when she was on "The Price is Right" several years ago? Rumor has it she took flak for that from her bosses. Yes, news is serious and it's a business but it's easier for me to take bad news from someone who knows when to be serious and when to have fun.

• 2 weeks later...

According to KGTV and the Union that represents Lisa, she is currently negotiating her contract in regards to her reassignment, and etc...:bang:

It looks as if the promo's for Lisa anchoring the 5am news have been removed as well on the 24 hour news channel. I could be wrong, but I have not seen any. :(

KGTV should put her back, or at least let her anchor the 11am and 5pm news. Her ratings are higher and KGTV knows it. It would also pull in viewrs, you would think that Mcgrawhill would take advantage of that. :)

Either way, if she returns to TV, (FOX5), you can bet on me following her. Her professionalism is outstanding. ;)

Good luck Lisa, we hope to see you soon. :watch:

Eric.

Bade and Lake would be a dynamic female-female pair. Somehow, KGTV's evening pairing of Carol LeBeau and Kimberly Hunt isn't as attractive (not sure if it's their age or what)

In their earlier pairing, I didn't think LeBeau and Hunt were such magic, as Ch. 10 seems to believe. Since Kimberly came back to 10, she's just reminded me of why I stopped watching her on 51.

The thing I'm going to miss the most is 39's news people doing the 10 pm CW news. I get up so early that I prefer a 10 pm evening news and the choices that are going to be left don't thrill me.

I really miss the "good old days" when 15 was "news when you want it" and I could pick up a show that was only a couple of hours old, at most, on any of the televisions in the house. Their 9 pm news was a staple in this house.

I suppose I'm dating myself here. I guess what 10 is doing to Lisa is a continuation of the disintegration of a station that once claimed to care about their news!

Carol and Kimberly use to be such a good team, but now they are very dull and boring. I don't know what it is? The producers, writers, management folks? but the quality of their newscasts are really bad, and going down the drain continuously. The only good thing that KGTV had was its now ex-morning team of Bill Griffith and Lisa Lake. Those two were really good, and actually made you want to watch morning news. If Lisa does come back, don't expect her to be on much, and I doubt that she will go to FOX 5. I guess the only thing that KGTV has going for them is their Hothaus Graphics, and that isn't saying much.

Carol and Kimberly use to be such a good team' date=' but now they are very dull and boring.[/quote']

Reading this, I realize the word I'm looking for is "tired"..

Ironically, Bill and Lisa worked together a long time and yet they never seemed tired. Maybe it is their individual personalities.

Again, I think it's just that KGTV wants to do it all on the cheap. If I'm counting correctly, there are 6 stations with local news and so little quality, period.

San Diego isn't the only market doing this, of course, but it's San Diego where I live.

Channel 10 is doing nothing but showing blatant lack of respect and racism. Lisa Lake has paid her dues many times over and is a fantastic and professional anchor. She is the smile that started your day! It is awful strange that their version of "diversity" does not include a black person. Channel 10 is indicative of the climate of San Diego, no black culture and whenever someone in the black race exceeds, they disappear. I no longer watch their news broadcast, I would rather read the internet or just turn to msnbc. Others feel the same way, Channel 10 does NOT care about black people. Hmmm, another name comes to mind from years ago, should I say " Margaret Radford".

Disgusted

Channel 10 is doing nothing but showing blatant lack of respect and racism. Lisa Lake has paid her dues many times over and is a fantastic and professional anchor. She is the smile that started your day! It is awful strange that their version of "diversity" does not include a black person. Channel 10 is indicative of the climate of San Diego, no black culture and whenever someone in the black race exceeds, they disappear. I no longer watch their news broadcast, I would rather read the internet or just turn to msnbc. Others feel the same way, Channel 10 does NOT care about black people. Hmmm, another name comes to mind from years ago, should I say " Margaret Radford".

Disgusted

Margaret Radford was with KNSD for well over a decade, and she retired. She was not pushed out. Towards the end of her career, you could tell that Margaret was tired (I'm sure her effort was there, but the result was different than years past). I don't know what the issue with Lisa is other than a contract dispute, but I doubt that it has anything to do with race. I believe it has more to do with money and ratings. If you want another black news anchor in San Diego, KSWB (FOX 5) will have Kendis Gibson at the desk for the 10pm news next to Kathleen Bade when the news premieres on August 1st. And let's not forget about Arthel Neville. The thing that I'm starting to like about the new FOX 5 is the diversity of the personalities there. They are doing something that other stations in town do not do often.

Personally, the decisions that KGTV has made over the past few years amazes me, from the bad formula of 10-4 San Diego to getting rid of their former weekend co-anchors. I just hope they just get rid of the bad decision makers who obviously don't appreciate Lisa Lakes talent. The station lacks the appropriate syndication programs for an ABC affiliate, hopefully that changes fall 2009, when there's as much as 10 new talkshows to choose from, I'd would prescribe Dr. Oz.

Carol and Kimberly use to be such a good team' date=' but now they are very dull and boring. I don't know what it is? The producers, writers, management folks? but the quality of their newscasts are really bad, and going down the drain continuously. The only good thing that KGTV had was its now ex-morning team of Bill Griffith and Lisa Lake. Those two were really good, and actually made you want to watch morning news. If Lisa does come back, don't expect her to be on much, and I doubt that she will go to FOX 5. I guess the only thing that KGTV has going for them is their Hothaus Graphics, and that isn't saying much.[/quote']

I don't really like their graphics, the intros suck and lack personality; I pretty much prefer the old one that they used prior to this much more. Hopefully the HD transformation presents some new things and improvements.

As for the Carol and Kimberly team, I really liked them in the past, there's certainly something missing in their newscasts, expanding the newscast to an hour was certainly a good thing; and having a 7:00 newscast seems to be a plus, as it seems to be beating Entertainment Tonight on KFMB, or so says the source from Wikipedia.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I think Lisa Lake should go to Union Tribune Television Station, the start up in San Diego for the San Diego Union Tribune.

Lisa is teaching at San Diego City College, I doubt that she'll want to go back to tv (at least right now) and much less at that craphole of UTTV.

Well, she might be able to bring that station some credibility and bring it out of the "craphole".

It takes time to find the "niche". Give it a couple of years. Oprah had to on OWN.

I remember Channel 4 San Diego, use to be a "craphole" and it built its name and strength from the Padres by reinvesting in itself over and over, until it lost the Padres.

Regardless, I think Lisa would be an asset to any tv station in the San Diego area and it would be good to see Lisa on the air again.

Well, she might be able to bring that station some credibility and bring it out of the "craphole".

It takes time to find the "niche". Give it a couple of years. Oprah had to on OWN.

I remember Channel 4 San Diego, use to be a "craphole" and it built its name and strength from the Padres by reinvesting in itself over and over, until it lost the Padres.

Regardless, I think Lisa would be an asset to any tv station in the San Diego area and it would be good to see Lisa on the air again.

There's a reason why Lisa was not picked up by any other station when she left 10. It may very well be her decision to not do tv [ever again], who knows. Also, she has children, so teaching has a better schedule than being on tv. Lastly, she sued, and later settled with KGTV, that will definitely keep many potential suitors away. I was always a fan of Bill and Lisa, so part of me hopes that she will eventually do tv again, but one can't hold out hope forever.

Archived