Making News: Savannah Style

PelicanGuy

TV Guide Channel is showing Season Two of their series.

This year, they leave the prairies of Midland/Odessa, Texas and KOSA 7 and head east to Savannah, Georgia, spotlighting the folks at ABC-affiliate WJCL 22. Apparently, these guys are dead last in the ratings.

Do they have some sh*tty equipment.

Catch them Wednesdays at 7 Central.

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/making-news-savannah/293844

I watched the first episode of the show on tvguide.com (I don't get the TV Guide Network) and it was actually pretty cool. You feel bad for the people working there because they're in last place (they also claim to be ABC's lowest-rated affiliate). And then there's the management and they want to prevent people from moving on as soon as they have a better offer. They keep mentioning the competition, WTOC and WSAV, and how WTOC especially has done a good job keeping the same anchors and reporters around.

It's also cool for me because my family vacations in this area every spring so I get to sample these stations and so I recognize some of the faces.

I watched the first episode of the show on tvguide.com (I don't get the TV Guide Network) and it was actually pretty cool. You feel bad for the people working there because they're in last place (they also claim to be ABC's lowest-rated affiliate). And then there's the management and they want to prevent people from moving on as soon as they have a better offer. They keep mentioning the competition, WTOC and WSAV, and how WTOC especially has done a good job keeping the same anchors and reporters around.

It's also cool for me because my family vacations in this area every spring so I get to sample these stations and so I recognize some of the faces.

Ah...ABC 22. I would say I remember them from my 3 year stay in Savannah, but I don't because I never watched them. Their production looked like a glorified college station. WTOC had the talent, WSAV had the polish, WJCL(WTGS/Fox) had neither.

I wonder what would happen if this show came to a major market city, like here in Philly. Shawnette Wilson used to anchor at WJCL, and now, she's at WTXF FOX 29. Quite a jump. Also, Mary Kay Kleist used to work at WJCL. Now, she's at WBBM CBS 2 in Chicago.

I'm not being mean-spirited when I say this, but it looks like people can succeed when they leave this station (i.e. Shawnette and Mary Kay.)

OMFG! At the 8 minute mark, the friggin printer: CLICK, CLICK, CLICK, CLICK, CLICK; and they're all gathered around thinking, "Dear Lord, please let my documents come up, please!..."

Hillllarious!

It looks like WJCL is getting a new on-air personality according to NewsBlues.

Headline: "El Paso anchor jumps Pappas for nation's worst ABC affiliate"

I wonder who it is...

KDBC anchor Jesse Blanco.

Archived