PIT Shakeup: Abati Out of KD, Bologna in at PXI

first on fox

First, Valeria Abati, KDKA's morning met has been kicked to the curb and replaced with Dennis Bowman. It seems like Pittsburgh never caught-on to Abati citing her horrible voice and her poor handling of severe storms last month.

http://post-gazette.com/pg/08200/897903-100.stm

Second, former-WPXIer and now former-KTVTer Julie Bologna returns back to Pittsburgh to the 5pm and 10pm (on WPGH) spot. LaPoint will now just handle the 6/11pm newscasts.

http://post-gazette.com/pg/08200/897928-100.stm

This is a good move for the Pittsburgh market. Valerie was nice, but she just didn't seem to fit in. While it's good they're getting someone new, I'm not sure if Dennis is the right person. I would love to see Jon Burnett take his spot; he was the original morning (back when Susan Barnett and Bruce Pompiani were anchors) meteorologist. Dennis will make a nice addition, though.

I'm ecstatic to hear that Julie will come back. She was great on weather and will be a welcome change to Mike LaPoint, who looks (and sounds) like an awkward Ken doll.

It's great to see Julie returning! I always liked her. As for Abati, she never really grew on me. And I do agree, while Dennis is a great meteorologist, I'm not so sure he fits in on the AM team at KD. I'd also rather see Burnett take the spot, or have them bring in someone else new.

I loved Julie when she was in Dallas at KTVT. It's good to see her heading back to Pittsburgh. I'll miss her in Dallas, but it'll be nice to see her on television, no matter where she is.

Archived