WMBF set unveiled

Ntropolis

ok. Those look like the camera we got over in Studio 5. they are in a set place but can rotate left and right, adjust their height, and look up and down but they stay where they are on the ground. Thank god they have real people behind the cameras!! The only station that still uses real people behind the cameras is WGN. WFLD just switch over to robotics a couple of months ago. And NBC 5 is even worse with their Ignite control room :-p

And NBC 5 is even worse with their Ignite control room :-p

WMAQ, along with all of the other NBC O&Os that make use of an automated production system, uses Ross OverDrive and not Grass Valley Ignite. For someone who claims to work at WMAQ, that's something you should already know...

ok. Those look like the camera we got over in Studio 5. they are in a set place but can rotate left and right, adjust their height, and look up and down but they stay where they are on the ground. Thank god they have real people behind the cameras!! The only station that still uses real people behind the cameras is WGN. WFLD just switch over to robotics a couple of months ago. And NBC 5 is even worse with their Ignite control room :-p

boat.jpg

Capitan Dylan Oakes, SS Failboat

whut?

I'm sorry, I don't understand what your getting at. Are you saying WMBF's manual heads and pedestals look like WMAQ's robotic heads and manual pedestals, or that the camera unit itself look like WMAQ's?

It's 3:30 and I'm tired.

whut?

I'm sorry, I don't understand what your getting at. Are you saying WMBF's manual heads and pedestals look like WMAQ's robotic heads and manual pedestals, or that the camera unit itself look like WMAQ's?

It's 3:30 and I'm tired.

We Have some cheap robotics over in studio 5. They aren't like what WLS has. If you know what I'm talking about. They dont have the big base that allows them to move around. Our cameras are stationary but are robotic. We never move the pedestals. Over in the Tower we have the full robotics going where the cameras move around an all that.

And I'm not 100% sure what type of control room we are running but I know it is not Ross as our set up looks nothing like any of the other Ross Control rooms I have seen. It's weird. We have someone that codes the show and "directs." We have someone that TDs and actually progresses the show within the computer. We have an audio person and then a producer. We aren't running the one person show.

Nice ninja edit which just said you used Ignite...

“We've launched systems in nine of the top 10 markets in North America,” says Ross Video’s Brad Rochon. “We have around 75 systems on air right now, including WMAQ in Chicago, KXAS in Dallas, KDTV and KRON in San Francisco, KNTV in San Jose, and we're launching at KNBC in Los Angeles in a few weeks.”

http://www.tvnewsday.com/articles/2008/06/05/daily.3/

It's on air already. Nice try, I'll give this a 4/10.

Nice ninja edit which just said you used Ignite...

“We've launched systems in nine of the top 10 markets in North America,” says Ross Video’s Brad Rochon. “We have around 75 systems on air right now, including WMAQ in Chicago, KXAS in Dallas, KDTV and KRON in San Francisco, KNTV in San Jose, and we're launching at KNBC in Los Angeles in a few weeks.”

http://www.tvnewsday.com/articles/2008/06/05/daily.3/

It's on air already. Nice try, I'll give this a 4/10.

Ok. We are running Ross but why are we running it unlike all the other stations. Everyone else running it seems to have 1 or 2 people. We have 4.

Honestly I didn't know there was anything automation wise other than Ignite. But still why do we have more people on the control room staff than other station, some of which operate a show with one person.

That's a call the station makes, KTUU does the same thing, they aren't comfortable letting a computer run the entire broadcast

That's a call the station makes, KTUU does the same thing, they aren't comfortable letting a computer run the entire broadcast

Ah. I think its better when there are more people on a payroll than stupid computers taking jobs. I'd much rather have a TD hitting the buttons on the switcher and not a damn keyboard.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived