Fox Chicago News Back?

lpzml09

:bang::bang::bang::bang:Well Ive watched last night and tonight and Im starting to hear the reporters say Fox Chicago News once again I hate that so much I hope its just a mixup. Fox News Chicago sounds perfect I seriously hope they dont go back to the Fox Chicago News.:bang::bang::bang:

I've been watching the same thing. Last night, after I watched Channel 7's 10pm news, I turned on 32 right at the end of Darlene Hill's report she uttered "Fox Chicago News". And at the end of the news, David Novarro uttered the same thing. I hope they don't officially go back to that brand.

I wished they ditch the Fox Chicago brand altogether and go back to Fox 32, but that alone is unlikely.

Why can't they be branded as Fox 32? Are they on a lower number on cable providers?

Cable companies in the city, its on Cable Channel 12. In the suburbs its either on 12 or 3.

They're giving the newscast title "FOX Chicago News" a shot again.. It wasn't supposed to officially change until the 18th; however, reporters and anchors might as well start saying it to get used to saying it again.

I personally (along with much of the reporters and anchors at the station that have to say the title) don't care for that title but it was the decision of someone in management to push that title again.

I say give it a couple months at the most and it'll be back to "FOX News Chicago" again..

Also, be on the watch out for Jeff Goldblatt to make his debut on FOX Chicago News at 9PM this week.

They're giving the newscast title "FOX Chicago News" a shot again.. It wasn't supposed to officially change until the 18th; however, reporters and anchors might as well start saying it to get used to saying it again.

I personally (along with much of the reporters and anchors at the station that have to say the title) don't care for that title but it was the decision of someone in management to push that title again.

:bang: SMMFH. Another shark-jumper at Channel 32. What a stupid ass brand. But you know what, I don't care for it. If they didn't use the "Fox Chicago News" moniker for those several weeks (prior to May of 2006), then I would've been pissed that they would drop their longest news branding that lasted way longer then the "Fox 32 News" brand. Fox News Chicago (and the "Fox 32" brand) has alot of historical overtones with the station. And dropping it would be a giant turn-off towards viewers. IMO, it seems like Channel 32 cares less with historical overtones and go with what fits to get more viewers. And that will not work. If they ever go back to the "Fox 32" brand (I can careless about the station's cable channel allotments (12, 3, whatever)) and either never tampered with the "Fox News Chicago" or resurrect the "Fox 32 News" brand again, that might bring some more viewers watching Channel 32.

wfld.gif

I don't know why they don't just use that for a logo.

They do use this for their logo. This is the actual station logo. It's used in ID's, non-news promos, and other non-news related items. The "FOX News Chicago" logo is only used in newscasts, news promos, and other newscast related items. This is also the logo you'll see plastered on the windows at their studios.

As for this being used for the logo on the newscast itself, it was actually considered a couple years ago when switching over to the standardized look; however, higher ups at FOX/Newscorp wouldn't allow it. They wanted the same logo across the board at the O&O's with the word "FOX" in top red portion. The had to make the standardized logo work for Chicago and the "FOX News Chicago" logo you see on the newscasts now is what was approved.

They do use this for their logo. This is the actual station logo. It's used in ID's, non-news promos, and other non-news related items. The "FOX News Chicago" logo is only used in newscasts, news promos, and other newscast related items. This is also the logo you'll see plastered on the windows at their studios.

As for this being used for the logo on the newscast itself, it was actually considered a couple years ago when switching over to the standardized look; however, higher ups at FOX/Newscorp wouldn't allow it. They wanted the same logo across the board at the O&O's with the word "FOX" in top red portion. The had to make the standardized logo work for Chicago and the "FOX News Chicago" logo you see on the newscasts now is what was approved.

There was one news promo (I think it's safe to say Investigative promo) they've been airing throughout the month or so and it has the "FOX Chicago" logo and not the "FOX News Chicago" logo.

There was one news promo (I think it's safe to say Investigative promo) they've been airing throughout the month or so and it has the "FOX Chicago" logo and not the "FOX News Chicago" logo.

It was probably a general news promo.. A number of the general Good Day Chicago and general news promos use the regular "FOX Chicago" logo. This Good Day Chicago promo that aired for a while (

) has it. It's nothing really new.

• 2 weeks later...

To me, they'll always be Fox 32. I wish they'd use that branding. Fox Chicago seems too generic.

Also, why are they keeping their digital signal on 31.1 and not going back to 32.1? I know it will display 32.1 no matter what but it seems odd they'd switch to broadcast one number different when they could just go back on 32.

Archived