WBZ Clones itself at 9

ybYellow

WBZ's low rated 9pm newscast on WSBK (TV38 News at 9) is about to get a new name: WBZ News. According to both TitanTV and my on-screen guide from Comcrap, WBZ dumped the name on Friday and will use the new name on Monday.

Ratings for this 9pm newscast were hovering in the 40k range until they let Sara Underwood and Scott Wahle go. Nowadays this pile of crap is pulling in a whopping 23,000 eyeballs. Talk about your epic-fails.

They can name it whatever they want, but it won't get many viewers. The newscasts on WLVI (channel 56) and on WFXT (channel 25) are much more established. I liked WBZ better when they called themselves "CBS 4 News." Now, I don't like them that much. Of course, no one can top WCVB (channel 5) in my opinion.

This is synonymous to what happened to WCTX when they produced their own 10pm newscast to take on both WTIC and WTXX. In 2002, WTNH took over the entire newscast, and now it is called NewsChannel 8 NonStop News at 10. Make no mistake that WSBK had many failed attempts to produce a 10pm newscast, like the UPN 38 Prime News and Nightcast at 10.

Archived