First in flight, First in digital...

Neilium

I could be a real smart-ass and point out that Wilmington was not first in flight because Kitty Hawk is on the other side of the state in the Norfolk market.

But back on topic, it was smart that the FCC had a market that they could test and run-though with. Looks like Wilmington had quite a hoopla for the switchover. From the sound of it, it went smoothly and hopefully it will work the same in February.

Personally, I'm not looking forward to it because where I am, the digital signals are much worse than the analog signals are. But I'll adjust.

That's southeastern NC for ya :D

The state is "first in flight"... why, it's on our license plates...

The analog signals actually haven't been shut off yet. They are displaying slides with information for those who don't have cable/sat, converters, or digital TVs. WECT, WSFX, and WWAY have all applied to shut off their analog transmitters.

That's southeastern NC for ya :D

The state is "first in flight"... why, it's on our license plates...

The analog signals actually haven't been shut off yet. They are displaying slides with information for those who don't have cable/sat, converters, or digital TVs. WECT, WSFX, and WWAY have all applied to shut off their analog transmitters.

They really like milking that "first in flight" in NC don't they? :)

Does anyone now when they will get rid of the slides and actually turn off the analog transmitter to these stations?

Archived