Layoffs at KLAS

rtmclaug

The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports that 17 people have been laid off from Channel 8. 3 of those people are noon and 4:30 anchor Charlotte Evans, weekend anchor Colleen May, and reporter Ky Plaskon. The station says the layoffs are necessary because of the economy. BTW, chief meteorologist Gina Cancelliere is leaving in November to spend more time with her family (and new-born daughter.) Hopefully, her replacement will do a good job. You think they could hire Kevin Janison away from KVBC? I know he used to work at KLAS for years. But, that's besides my point. I am shocked by these announcements. I loved Charlotte's work at noon and 4:30. I'll miss her. Hopefully, she'll find work somewhere else in Vegas, if not anywhere else. I think KTNV should hire her. She would be great with Jessica Lovell on weekend mornings. Speaking of KTNV, I checked KTNV's website earlier today and saw that Regina Ruiz's bio, as well as John Goulet's bio, were missing. What happened? Where did they go?

Archived