Sincrap's new music package is by Gari...

WANEFan

... and it's called Evolution. The package Gari Communications formerly refered to as Evolution (used by WREG) is now called Target News.

The package is now on the Gari website, and it sounds so-so... just like anything Sincrap.

Actually, I don't think the new Sinclair music package sounds too bad. I think it's a gigantic improvement over the music package that Stephen Arnold created for the Sinclair stations.

At least on WSYX, a Sinclair ABC affiliate, it sounds pretty good.

I think it's definitely an improvement over the Arnold Sinclair package. While WGME's variety with Evolution is better than it was with the previous music, I hope that they'll use a little more, particularly on the weather promos (they all use a thinner version of the cut about 1:43 into the sampler). Overall, I like it - it goes pretty well with the graphics and I'm glad that WGME is back with Gari.

I too noticed how similar it sounded to Arnold's general style. Listening to the second cut on the sampler, I also noticed how the brass sounds similar to many of Edd Kalehoff's compositions.

Yeah, this is probably the most "un-Gari" of their packages.....considering who commissioned it, it's not too bad at all.

Chris has gotten his act together. He may have have turned out a few stinkers when he was just getting his feet wet in composition, but now he's turned into a really good composer almost as good as his father.

Indeed. He's got some good packages [this one, Image News, Target News], but he's got some bad ones [Countdown...need I go on?].

For Gari Communications, this package sounds very SAM (Steven Arnold Music). This package isn't that bad. It keeps a very similar tag to the "Sinclair News Package."

My Gripe? Some of the tracks just seem slapped together. At least thats the way the sampler makes it seem.

Listening to it, it does indeed sound like it's trying to imitate Stephen Arnold's package. Of course, considering that Sinclair only dropped the Arnold theme because of the huge monetary strain put on them by the SESAC arbitration mess, it wouldn't be that surprising if they asked for something that sounded like their old package.

Nevertheless, it's pretty good, if not as good as the Stephen Arnold package.

Say what you want about Sinclair, but it's rather absurd to be so prejudiced against them that you have to savage their news music just because they commissioned it. The Arnold package was one of his better works...

Archived