Riddell and Gusoff out of anchor chairs at WNBC

NYnewsFan

The article also states that Darlene Rodriguez is now going to anchor the Sunday 11pm news, and Carol Anne Riddell is still going to remain on the 6pm Sunday broadcast. So that means Darlene is going to anchor at 11 on Sundays (11:30 because of Sunday Night Football) and then she will anchor Today in New York from Monday through Friday? That is a pretty rough shift.

As for who will replace Carolyn Gusoff on Weekend Today in New York, I hope it is Erika Tarantal. Her and Pat Battle anchored together one weekend and they were great. I have never really liked Carolyn Gusoff as an anchor, so I am glad that she won't be on with Pat Battle anymore.

Carolyn Gusoff was still on today's program co-hosting with Pat.

WNBC also ran a promo on the Today Show promoting Darlene Rodgriguez hosting Sunday Night News right after the Sunday Night Football Game.

I am looking forward to see who they do put in Gusoff's place. You never know what NBC is going to come up with anymore!! I did like Riddell at 6 and 11.

Speaking of Darlene Rodriquez, what has she done to her beautiful brunette hair? I think she looks much better with her brunette hair.

I am also surprised that she is moving up the ladder so quickly. I think her calling an ABC reporter, who was on the scene when David Rodriquez entered his guilty plea, on her cell phone and lashing out at her was very inappropriate and unprofessional.

This is my own personal opinion, not to offend anyone.

Riddell kept her 6pm anchor slot only lost 11pm Sundays.

They meant why wasn't Darlene wasn't anchoring at 11 this past sunday. Though to me they may only have Darlene anchor when a game is actually on , NBC didn't carry a game this past sunday.

Just curious

Which ABC reporter did Darlene call on the phone and lash out at?

Darlene called Michelle Charlesworth (ABC) who was covering the story when David Rodriquez was leaving court the day he admitted to sexual misconduct. She, supposedly, lashed out at Michelle. I think that it was very inappropriate and very unprofessional. Michelle was doing her job. I was wondering if she ever was talked to by NBC execs!!

Erika Tarantal promoted to anchor weekend mornings with Pat Battle.

WTVJ in Miami Demarco Morgan will anchor the Saturday 6pm and 11pm show with Melissa Russo. Demarco will also anchor the Sunday 6pm show with Carol Anne Riddell and at 11pm with Darlene Rodriguez.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2008/10/30/2008-10-30_demarco_morgan_and_erika_tarantal_are_ne.html

Archived