Did WOIO Get New Graphics

TheMightyGringoChannel

It can't be all in-house. Unless they did a pretty good job of ripping them off, there are obvious Hothaus elements in the package. The L3's, stingers, fonts, etc. just scream it.

Some quick screen caps:

woio1.jpg

woio2.jpg

woio3.jpg

I won't embed this for the sake of dial-up people, but here's the 11pm open up to the first stinger:

http://www.flnewscenter.com/christemp/woio-0107-11pm.wmv

Sorry about the crappy audio quality.

Guest wfaa8fan

It is in-house. The guy who designed was going for the "Hothaus-Type" and I am sure that is a big compliment for him...

And as for Hothaus styles/effects, well the guy who made the previous graphic package for WOIO now works for Hothaus. The new guy, who designed this, used the same software that Hothaus uses, therefore you get the same styles/effects.

We all know that Hothaus sets the standard and anyone copying them really wants to make their work look better from an artistic point of view. I study their work all the time. If it's in-house then kudos to them. I like it.

What software do they use?

We use Adobe AfterEffects 7.0 for all of the animation (with the exception of Sports, which we use Cinema 4D - and later AE for compositing) - and build about 70% of it in Photoshop prior to importing.

We appreciate the kudos guys, we worked really hard on it, and actually continue to work hard updating everything.

Price we pay for having the advantage of being the only station in the Cleveland market who designs their own look. :p

• 11 months later...
I doubt that, considering the graphics they have for the other programs that I know they do in house; Point After, and all of their Browns stuff. I know their prior look was farmed out, but their current one could be in house, though I highly doubt that.

No, WKYC's graphics are all done in house. This is confirmed by the director (http://www.wkyc.com/weblog/directors_cut). In addition, on Avid's forums (makers of the graphics server that WKYC uses) are questions from staff.

Archived