KPRC has replacement ready for NBC WeatherPlus

nbc9houston

I've watched it a few times... it's a quality network. Lots of good movies, a handful of good shows. It would be cool if Weigel made their MeTV programming available to other markets. I'm sure there would be a bunch of issues with a handful of their shows already airing in other places, but in my opinion it's actually better than RTN.

I've watched it a few times... it's a quality network. Lots of good movies' date=' a handful of good shows. It would be cool if Weigel made their MeTV programming available to other markets. I'm sure there would be a bunch of issues with a handful of their shows already airing in other places, but in my opinion it's actually better than RTN.[/quote']

I couldn't agree with you more about the MeTV concept. The concept here in the Chi is outstanding (of course that's where the brand was originated at). The programming they air now on WWME-CA 23 & WMEU-CA 48 reminds me of the syndicated reruns that use to be aired on FOX 32 & WPWR Channel 50 many years ago. I tend to watch these stations more because these new current shows out there bores the hell out of me.

I couldn't agree with you more about the MeTV concept. The concept here in the Chi is outstanding (of course that's where the brand was originated at). The programming they air now on WWME-CA 23 & WMEU-CA 48 reminds me of the syndicated reruns that use to be aired on FOX 32 & WPWR Channel 50 many years ago. I tend to watch these stations more because these new current shows out there bores the hell out of me.

Yeah.. You guys also get MeToo down there, I'm not sure what all airs on that.. we just have MeTV & ThisTV up here. I think even the programming on The U is pretty good.

Yeah.. You guys also get MeToo down there' date=' I'm not sure what all airs on that.. we just have MeTV & ThisTV up here. I think even the programming on The U is pretty good.[/quote']

The U is purely nothing but syndicated comedy reruns & new court shows throughout the day. At least we do get a brief weather forecast aired at 8:58pm from one of the CBS 58 Meteorologists.

Now, since they started the new "This" network, they starting to gradually air more MGM movies on their main channel. The sad thing is, since WCIU now has 4 sub-channels (and Thank God that I just got a new TV with digital tuner), sometimes it can be very difficult watching either one of those sub-channels because the picture can break-out and I have to constantly adjust my antenna and all.

As for programming itself, most of the MeTV shows air on WBME also airs on WWME-CA, with some alterations. Also, WWME usually change their schedules 3-4 times a year. They just got That's 70s Show from the Fox duo, and it's aired on both WWME & WCIU. WMEU-CA tends to show classic movies. Some classic movies would be shown on weekend afternoons and during the weekday primetime hours with some airing with limited commercial interruptions. But they also shows other old comedies and dramas like their sister, MeTV.

I have two questions. Do WBME uses this same

? And if anyone know the name of this VO? I've heard her voice for many years on WPWR 50 before Fox took over and used Corley.

WBME uses the same female voiceover, yes. From what I have been told, WBME is fed to Milwaukee from Chicago - it just airs local IDs/promos and one local show WDJT produces called "Racine & Me" (WBME is licensed to the City of Racine.)

I know what you mean about the spotty reception. WBME just moved to its own digital channel here, it previously was on 58.3 (which is now ThisTV). Lots of audio/picture breakups.

WBME's program line-up does differ WWME & WMEU's, but I do believe that they stream their MeTV shows from the Chi to Racine. I also think Weigel's South Bend LP master feeds also come from here, because at one time, I saw a station ID from "My Michiana - Channel 69" on our Channel 23, they'd rushed and went back to the regular station feed, but I was like damn, how could they showed the wrong ID slate?

WBME's program line-up does differ WWME & WMEU's, but I do believe that they stream their MeTV shows from the Chi to Racine. I also think Weigel's South Bend LP master feeds also come from here, because at one time, I saw a station ID from "My Michiana - Channel 69" on our Channel 23, they'd rushed and went back to the regular station feed, but I was like damn, how could they showed the wrong ID slate?

I think soon though the South Bend stations will be broadcasting from WSBT's new facility... (as that is who bought all 3 stations). I'm not sure if anyone from Weigel actually works IN South Bend.. I think thats just where transmitters are. Programming comes from Chicago. WDJT produces weather cut-ins for WBND as well... also in August they launched an 11 minute 11pm newscast which gets fed to South Bend. (Or to Chicago THEN to South Bend)

I think soon though the South Bend stations will be broadcasting from WSBT's new facility... (as that is who bought all 3 stations). I'm not sure if anyone from Weigel actually works IN South Bend.. I think thats just where transmitters are. Programming comes from Chicago. WDJT produces weather cut-ins for WBND as well... also in August they launched an 11 minute 11pm newscast which gets fed to South Bend. (Or to Chicago THEN to South Bend)

Yeah, Schurz is buying those 3 LPs, but according to this article, Media Access Project seems to have a baby about this sell, saying it's not in the public's interest; yet the Schurz folks stated that they've proved it otherwise in their previous acquisitions. It's still sad that Weigel is selling their SB stations, since they've kept it since one of those stations use to be a transmitted repeater of WCIU many years back.

I hope the FCC does approve the acquisition to WSBT, and I hope Weigel can give them THIS as well, just to get the MAP folks mad as hell. This would still get Weigel some sort of revenue in SB, if it ever happens. I actually saw this video from a tour of their new Schurz building and I actually laughed when the chief engineer stated that they had some open racks as what he put it "in plan for the Weigel acquisition, if I can say that". I was like, "Damn, they're just waiting for the Feds to give them the OK so they can hurry up and end the transaction quick".

Yeah, Schurz is buying those 3 LPs, but according to this article, Media Access Project seems to have a baby about this sell, saying it's not in the public's interest; yet the Schurz folks stated that they've proved it otherwise in their previous acquisitions. It's still sad that Weigel is selling their SB stations, since they've kept it since one of those stations use to be a transmitted repeater of WCIU many years back.

I hope the FCC does approve the acquisition to WSBT, and I hope Weigel can give them THIS as well, just to get the MAP folks mad as hell. This would still get Weigel some sort of revenue in SB, if it ever happens. I actually saw this video from a tour of their new Schurz building and I actually laughed when the chief engineer stated that they had some open racks as what he put it "in plan for the Weigel acquisition, if I can say that". I was like, "Damn, they're just waiting for the Feds to give them the OK so they can hurry up and end the transaction quick".

Well.. Weigel owns one full power and three low-powers in Milwaukee so it hopefully shouldn't be a problem.

Archived